• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2013 white tail hunting pictures and experiences.

Good luck tomorrow. Please post pictures of your harvests and share your experiences of what you have seen while hunting. Don't forget your hunting license. Couple of other things to remember If you want to keep scent free as possible, remember to wash the towel you will be using to dry of with your scent free hunting soap. Also that release you may have been practicing with all summer may have gotten sweaty try to wash that the best you can. I wash my clothes before every hunt the night before and keep them in the dryer overnight with earth scented dryer sheets. I put them on straight out of the dryer. I have never played the wind, and I have had deer down wind of me and I have never ever been winded yet that I know of. Good luck guys. Please feel free to share your experiences ,pictures and any tricks you may have. I know I am hardly going to sleep.

Whiffed on a 6 pointer. Knicked him but it was a low shot. About 35 yards. Followed blood trail about 150 yards and couldn't find any deer or more blood at that point. Wasn't a solid shot. Saw two brutes earlier than this guy but no shot. Trying same area again Wednesday.

Was out on Route 2A on Saturday night around 8:30pm in the Lexington Concord area saw a massive buck almost ready to cross the road.

Novice hunter here. My first season of deer hunting has not started well. Been scouting locations for weeks now getting ready. My hunting partner goes out today. As he was packing up to leave after a number of hours with no success and he was greeted by some scumbag hunter threatening him with "a F$*%ing beating" for hunting in "his spot." This spot is private property (location verified by GPS) and we have written permission from the land owner. The land owner also told us that we are the only ones who he has granted permission to. We've already counted probably a dozen illegal stands on the property...

I was really hoping to find a community of good, responsible and ethical hunter who would welcome a newb and impart some knowledge...so much for that..

Novice hunter here. My first season of deer hunting has not started well. Been scouting locations for weeks now getting ready. My hunting partner goes out today. As he was packing up to leave after a number of hours with no success and he was greeted by some scumbag hunter threatening him with "a F$*%ing beating" for hunting in "his spot." This spot is private property (location verified by GPS) and we have written permission from the land owner. The land owner also told us that we are the only ones who he has granted permission to. We've already counted probably a dozen illegal stands on the property...

I was really hoping to find a community of good, responsible and ethical hunter who would welcome a newb and impart some knowledge...so much for that..

There are a lot if jerks out there. Go out take a huge piss and shit in the area and move on. It's not worth it.

Police will do nothing. I would have asked for his hunting license to see who he is and called an epo on the spot.

Time to get the land owner involved and start ripping down tree stands. Is the land even posted ?

this morning i walked 10 ft into the woods , spooked a bunch and pushed a bit .. didnt see squat till i left and about 100 yrd from my rig 3 does came out hot and fast , buy the time i got a pin on one it wasnt a possibility . The pm .. didnt see DICK ... maybe sat will be better

- - - Updated - - -

this full moon friday certainly didnt help things , there was a 6 pointer right under my stand at 2 am where i spooked them this morning

Went Turkey hunting.. saw 3 deer..No turkeys.. And Around 7:30 a buddy of.mine got lost I'm the woods... Buy the time I got there.his girlfriend had called.911.. However great group of cops and fire fighters.. I was giving them duck calling lessons

I hunt in NH and bow season has been on for over a month. The good news is I have hunted 6 times and seen deer on 3 occasions, shot once and missed low out of a blind where I underestimated the distance. First ime huntting in a blind. So much different than hunting in a stand where I usually mark trees at certain distances so I know when the deer comes in how far. Range finder for Christmas this year.

Back in the blind this evening. I'm saving my stands for the rut.

Novice hunter here.

Good luck with that!
More Douchebags than good guys... Sadly

- - - Updated - - -

Got my first buck of 2013, couple of weeks ago , not here in mass though. No sightings today, had high hopes after such a cold night. View attachment 82610

NICE!

Good luck with that!
More Douchebags than good guys... Sadly

This. I have been a hunter for 10 years, and I've been constantly amazed at the dbags I meet in the woods. The funny thing is, it makes more sense to hunt hunters than to hunt the deer, since the deer aren't actually mean. Most hunters are territorial and think they own EVERY place they have ever hunted. They leave stands everywhere and expect you to not be near them even if they have 100+ plus scattered across 5 towns. They will tear down your stuff even if they are illegally on a property. They will dime you out even if they are breaking the law. You will constantly be amazed at how anti-social they are. But it makes sense, they are "tough guys" so they have to be that way. I've been pushed out of places where I had permission, I've had spots ruined by trespassing hunters (scenting on purpose), I've been dimed out to NEIGHBORS of the property I hunted (and then the neighbor trespassed to yell at me), I've been stabbed in the back by other hunters when tracking a wounded animal (figuratively), I've had hunters show up to a spot I've hunted for days, they see me sitting there, and they walk in front of me and sit directly in my line of sight, then pee on the run I'm watching because "my buddy has a tree stand near here".

Your best bet is to stay away from other hunters unless you personally know them. I've pretty much lost most of my interest in hunting due to other hunters, I don't like to be lumped in with a group that is at least 70% scumbags. The most aggressive, territorial, vindictive, self-serving, sh*t-talking, backstabbing bastards you'll meet. If you do keep hunting, try not to become one of those people.

I spooked something out of a small patch of trees right near an area I duck hunt this morning. (I actually bagged my first duck for this season this morning. Wood duck. Woohoo.) I was walking very quietly up to the edge of an abandoned cranberry bog where the ducks are always hanging out, and off to my right no more than 15 yards I hear CRASH - THA-THUMP THA-THUMP... Dammit. I really need to learn bow by next season. This f*cker sounded big. I'm guessing he won't last until Dec 2nd but you never know.

This. I have been a hunter for 10 years, and I've been constantly amazed at the dbags I meet in the woods.

I've only been hunting deer 3 years but I haven't run into any ******* types. Most times I'm deer hunting I'm with friends, and several times we've met other groups of hunters in the woods and it was fine. One time we even teamed up with 2 other random guys to push a large area.

Wow, I bet I know that EPO! He has made quite a name for himself out here! Lacks IPC skills when dealing with hunters! Officer Scott out of Egermont was a much better person to deal with!

Nothing so far in Mass, only two evening sits though.

I do have my first deer this year from Indiana so even if I get nothing else this year it was a success.

Devens para hunt next week so I am hoping something comes home in the back of my van.

This. I have been a hunter for 10 years, and I've been constantly amazed at the dbags I meet in the woods. The funny thing is, it makes more sense to hunt hunters than to hunt the deer, since the deer aren't actually mean. Most hunters are territorial and think they own EVERY place they have ever hunted. They leave stands everywhere and expect you to not be near them even if they have 100+ plus scattered across 5 towns. They will tear down your stuff even if they are illegally on a property. They will dime you out even if they are breaking the law. You will constantly be amazed at how anti-social they are. But it makes sense, they are "tough guys" so they have to be that way. I've been pushed out of places where I had permission, I've had spots ruined by trespassing hunters (scenting on purpose), I've been dimed out to NEIGHBORS of the property I hunted (and then the neighbor trespassed to yell at me), I've been stabbed in the back by other hunters when tracking a wounded animal (figuratively), I've had hunters show up to a spot I've hunted for days, they see me sitting there, and they walk in front of me and sit directly in my line of sight, then pee on the run I'm watching because "my buddy has a tree stand near here".

Your best bet is to stay away from other hunters unless you personally know them. I've pretty much lost most of my interest in hunting due to other hunters, I don't like to be lumped in with a group that is at least 70% scumbags. The most aggressive, territorial, vindictive, self-serving, sh*t-talking, backstabbing bastards you'll meet. If you do keep hunting, try not to become one of those people.
And stay away from MY stand !!!;)

Back
Top Bottom