2011 IDPA MA State Championship - June 4 & 5

More pics

Image00009.jpg

Nice pics :)

Hey is that a shot fired without a shoulder on the ground [smile]

I will post what I have when I find some time:)

I thought the same thing when I saw that picture [wink]

His shoulder is on the ground. Try getting into that position without part of your shoulder not on the ground... it's not easy. Besides- he's got huge shoulders!

His shoulder is on the ground. Try getting into that position without part of your shoulder not on the ground... it's not easy. Besides- he's got huge shoulders!

I'm confused, you have to have your shoulder "on the ground"? Wouldn't a wall with a low port make it happen?

Thanks for the aid my friend. Didn't see "back of your shoulder" in the write-up, we assumed side of your shoulder worked.

Probably why I don't shoot it![rolleyes]

Just like lurking in the IDPA threads??? You don't see me on the SASS or high power threads. ;) A bunch of top USPSA shooters have been joining the mix lately and have had a great time... check out the results and you'll see. Without getting into any IDPA/USPSA crap- good trigger time is good trigger time. Small plates near no shoots, poppers, awkward shooting positions.... all good for getting better.

Thanks for the aid my friend. Didn't see "back of your shoulder" in the write-up, we assumed side of your shoulder worked.

+1.

From Stage Procedure:

...Start with your back at P1 parallel to targets with loaded firearm on ground pointed down range. On the start signal retrieve your firearm and with at least 1 shoulder touching the ground, engage...

Having your shoulder on the ground is much more stable than lifted off the ground. If you look at his feet you'll see three solid points of contact with the ground, his two feet and his shoulder. If you lift your shoulders off the ground your three points are your waist and feet - with your upper body swaying in the wind.

Last edited:
Just like lurking in the IDPA threads??? You don't see me on the SASS or high power threads. ;) A bunch of top USPSA shooters have been joining the mix lately and have had a great time... check out the results and you'll see. Without getting into any IDPA/USPSA crap- good trigger time is good trigger time. Small plates near no shoots, poppers, awkward shooting positions.... all good for getting better.

Have done small plate near no shoots with rifle and shotgun, awkward shooting positions too. Not to mention shooting in a cave. We all have our vices, Dave. Mine leans toward mutiple guns in a stage.[smile]

Great pictures pdogg77 , I ( BOB ) shot with you on Friday I didn't do great [rolleyes] to say the least but had a blast with you guys , thanks for the pictures nice job, really a good group of guys lots of laughs.

Thanks for a fantastic match guys. The stages were outright creative, the weather was something I looked forward to shoot in for once, and the ROs were AWESOME! You guys make me want to shoot IDPA again! ;) Can we have more knife stages next time (I loved stabbing that sucker)? Or maybe sidekick someone's head before shooting (because I might get an advantage at once cause I'm flexible)? Lying down stages are cool too. I love how we did things I would never think of practicing beforehand, it puts the fun into the matches. :)

Here's my video...I was a snail a few times but hey, I didn't shoot any innocent people!

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a couple iPhone videos of Bill T. shooting the match with his Model 66:

Bill had reduced the charge in his reloads, since the SSR power factor was lowered. Watch what happens on his first shot on the steel popper on the right. I didn't get a video of his reshoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Survey results posted: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/results/2011_MA_IDPA_Survey_Results.pdf

Interesting data from survey (only 25% of match participents responded)

For the match:
50% used a Smith & Wesson Firearm
27% used a Glock
88% used a holster made of Kydex/Injection molded
73% used reloaded ammo

General info:
85% own a .22lr handgun
96% own a .22lr rifle
88% own a Smith & Wesson handgun
69% own a Ruger handgun
65% own a Glock handgun
85% own a modern sporting rifle (AR/AK/etc)
65% own a Remington shotgun
46% own a Mossberg shotgun
81% are members in the NRA
50% participate in Steel Challange matches
38% participate in USPSA matches
35% participate in 2-Gun/3-Gun matches
46% particpate in a match once every 2 weeks
23% go hunting
38% go fishing
88% belong to a gun club
31% bought a gun within the last 30 days
77% reload

Of the reloaders:
60% use Montana Gold bullets
55% use Berry's bullets
75% use Federal primers
55% use Winchester primers
65% use a Dillon press
35% use a Hornady press

Great match report. Only, for us revolver shooters, that picture of stage 5 was better as the first half of the stage, not the last half. [wink]

Stage 7 was awesome, btw. I liked the fact that you could shoot it different ways. I stayed to the left, like in your picture, so I could clear out all the targets on the left and only make one transition then to the left (rather than left, right, left).

Am I the only one who finds this part of the survey worrisome?

35% 50-59 Years old
12% 30-39 Years old
12% 60-69 Years old
4% 20-29 Years ol

Am I the only one who finds this part of the survey worrisome?

35% 50-59 Years old
12% 30-39 Years old
12% 60-69 Years old
4% 20-29 Years ol

No... if there were more competitors in their 20s and 30s I'd want to throw in the towel. LOL The high overall was an early twenties kid...

Back
Top Bottom