2011 IDPA MA State Championship - June 4 & 5

The Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford will be hosting the 15th Annual, 2011 IDPA MA State Championship on June 4 & 5. This will be a 10 stage match shot in a single day format. There will be morning and afternoon squads on Saturday and morning squads on Sunday.

Once again will have a steel side match for you to participate in either before or after your shooting time (ie, NOT while you’re shooting with your squad). Proceeds from the side match to benefit the GOAL and The NRA Foundation.

Breakfast and lunch are available from the kitchen.

We are always looking for extra match staff to help run the match, if you are interested in being part of a great team, please PM me.

For complete details, match flyer and entry forms, please visit the club's website at:

http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/IDPAMA2011.htm

Just a reminder of some extra things going on during the match.

The Club's kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch on Saturday, and open for breakfast on Sunday.

Next, as mentioned in the OP: "Once again will have a steel side match for you to participate in either before or after your shooting time (ie, NOT while you’re shooting with your squad). Proceeds from the side match to benefit the GOAL and The NRA Foundation."

Last but not least, a new recent addition, is the donation from MGM targets of one of their Auto-Poppers. This will be raffled off with all proceeds to go to the Wounded Warrior Project. $10/tix or 3 tix for $20. Drawing to be held Sunday afternoon of the match weekend. Anyone can participate in this fund raiser.

This is the target donated by MGM: http://mgmtargets.com/tstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

For more info on the Wounded Warrior Project: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Thanks

Our of curiosity, is there a list of shooters attending and the divisions/classification breakdown?

Sorry, I generally don't post such a list ahead of time. Just a couple spots left for Sat AM and about a half dozen left for Sunday. Folks wanting to sign up at this point should call or email me (don't just send it in the mail). Tx

Any low light at this match? I'm fine without it, just need to know whether or not I need to bring a flashlight. Thanks.

Stages were all set to go yesterday. Good thing we were there today to button up a couple things - discovered some wind damage from yesterdays storms we had to repair (extremely minor in comparison to what our friends in the western part of the state are going through - hope you all make it through OK). All set and taken care of - good to go! See you all this weekend!

Holding the flashlight with the 21SF is a handful.. glad it's all outdoor. Looking forward to it.

Lugnut,
Just curious as to why you would shoot a G21SF? Don't you normally shoot a G34? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't really understand the IDPA Divisions and gun breakdowns.

-Cuz.

Lugnut,
Just curious as to why you would shoot a G21SF? Don't you normally shoot a G34? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't really understand the IDPA Divisions and gun breakdowns.

-Cuz.

No problem. I usually shoot my G34 in Production and I usually would shoot the same gun in ESP or SSP. However.... I sometimes need a little variety.... I shot SSR (revo) for about 6 months during the "off" season and into the early spring. Now... I have the urge to shoot CDP (45 ACP- hence the 21SF). Just a little variety that's it. Some of the guns in my safe start to cry out to me when they get lonely... it's only the Sigs that I don't let out. LOL. After this match I think it will be back to the G34 for a while.

I don't necessarily think it's a good thing to switch back and forth too often but I do think shooting different divisions/guns helps me learn different things- if that makes sense. I can even see a 625 in my future....

You shooting this match I hope??

I just got an Apex rear sight installed on my Model 66. Looks sweet. Now I have to sight it in tomorrow night and I'll be all set.

Great match in perfect weather. If I did the math right, my total score was 181.04. We'll see how that measures up in ssp/ss.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Great match in perfect weather. If I did the math right, my total score was 181.04. We'll see how that measures up in ssp/ss.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

It couldn't have been better weather! Sunny with a light breeze, and not too hot.

Thanks to Dave Bold, the New Bedford crew, and all the other SO's who volunteered their time to help run this match!

If I added correctly I was 200.82 (38 pd) no HNT, FTN, or procedurals (SSP SS).

Thanks Dave and the crew for putting on another great Mass State Championship. One thing that I like is that you can always count on it being a good test of shooting skill without the goofy stuff. That's why myself and other people I talk to go back year after year. Looking forward to the 2012 match already.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom