July 17 (Sunday - One Day)
August 6-7
September 18 (Sunday - One Day)
October 15-16
November 27 (Sunday - One Day)
December 17-18

Range Fee: None

Camping available: not on site.

Hotels: Several on rt. 2 and 495. Check your favorite hotel website.

Directions: Take I-495 (in Massachusets) to Route 2 west. Immediately take exit 39. Turn left at the end of the ramp onto Taylor St. Take your first left onto Porter Rd. and follow it to the end. At the end of Porter Rd., turn left onto Whitcomb Ave. (Whitcomb Ave. becomes Littleton County Road). After 1.3 miles, look for a driveway on the left side (small sign, dirt road, easy to miss). If you reach Old Schoolhouse Hill Rd. or Cleaves Hill Rd., you've gone too far.

GPS: N42 30.919 W71 31.953

State Laws to be aware of: Your rifle must be locked unloaded in your trunk or other secured container. Handguns may be possessed ONLY with a Massachusetts Class A License To Carry with either "None" or "All Lawful Purposes" for Reason for Issuance. - if you're from out of state, you need a MA non-resident LTC. MA has NO reciprocity with any other state. No "assault weapons" - we still have an AWB that is the same thing as the old Federal AWB. ARs cannot have a flash hider, collapsible stock or a bayonet lug unless they are "pre-ban." High capacity magazines must be pre-ban as well. Non-residents CANNOT purchase ammo in this state. They have to bring it with them... or go to New Hampshire overnight. Check other State Laws.

Misc: What better place to be a Rifleman? A stone's throw from Lexington and Concord. See the re-enactments at dawn. Walk the Old North Bridge by sunset. Eat dinner across the street from Sam Whittemore's position.

We shoot a lot. Bring 1000 rounds+ If you bring less, that's fine, just pace yourself over the weekend.

For More Information Contact: Private Message to "crak" or "Dwarven1" on the Appleseed or Northeastshooters.com forums, or email [email protected] or [email protected]

Registration Link: Mar 5th http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1137565489
April 16-17 http://www.eventbrite.com/event/984128555

Please download, print and distribute the flyers below, wherever you travel.

View attachment 2011-Mail-In-Registration.pdf

Attachments

• Harvard MA - All 2011 --.pdf
    87.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
We've still got space on the line for this weekend - weather is supposed to be a balmy 46 degrees with a chance of a few showers. Good grief... that's springtime weather!

It's not too late to sign up online and save a few bucks on admission: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1137565489

And, of course, ladies* shoot free, as do anyone under 21*, LEOs, military, & elected officials.

* there's a small registration fee for ladies and under 21. ($5 and $2.50, respectively)

I ordered a sling direct from the appleseed store two weeks ago but due to their late shipping I may not get it in time for tomorrow' shoot. Is it possible to borrow or buy one at the shoot?

Thanks!

I ordered a sling direct from the appleseed store two weeks ago but due to their late shipping I may not get it in time for tomorrow' shoot. Is it possible to borrow or buy one at the shoot?

Thanks!

there'll probably be something there.

Hey, the weather forecast is for 47 and cloudy - NO RAIN!!! How unusual.

BTW... the kitchen won't be open tomorrow so bring your lunch or money to order it from Bravo Pizza. There will be coffee in the clubhouse, though.

I looked at the Appleseed website. I think the Marksmanship clinic may be what I am looking for my 8 yr. son (well behaved). Does that occur during this shoot? Does anyone have more information on Marksmanship clinics - hours, content?

He has been shooting a Henry Mini-Bolt which I am sure he will soon outgrow. He needs work on the fundamentals, hopefully in a FUN setting with other kids his age.

Not familiar with Appleseed, my older son took the NRA Basic Rifle course when he was 11. His younger brother is eager to follow but my club does not offer a course until the fall if then.

Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
As far as children at Appleseeds, the answer is YES!

Appleseed policy is the decision is up to the parents who must determine if their child can safely handle the rifle and has the right sense of responsibility. The instructors are going to watch the child and only take action when the see the child may not. In my experience, the biggest issue is usually muzzle control, normally in positions other than prone.

I've instructed at Appleseeds with children that I know were 8, some I think were younger. What may happen is the child will be deemed a "designated sniper," meaning the instructor(s) will have them shoot from a supported prone position, such as a sand bag.

I recently had an 11 year old who handled the offhand and sitting positions, but only after he got some attention.

I recommend contacting one of the instructors or the state coordinator to make sure there are no other rules, those of the range or state, and prepare your son for the idea that he will probably be shooting prone all day.

Last edited:
I looked at the Appleseed website. I think the Marksmanship clinic may be what I am looking for my 8 yr. son (well behaved). Does that occur during this shoot? Does anyone have more information on Marksmanship clinics - hours, content?

PM inbound, masked man!

I'm interested in the April date(s), but would probably have to keep it to only one of the days. It sounds like Saturday is the "skills" day, but any input on which day is better would be appreciated.

I'm interested in the April date(s), but would probably have to keep it to only one of the days. It sounds like Saturday is the "skills" day, but any input on which day is better would be appreciated.

If you can only make one day in April, make it Saturday.

OR you could always come to one of the one day shoots - we'll be having them on Sundays in odd-numbered months at Harvard. I've updated the first post with the dates for the rest of the year.

If you can only make it one day, make it Saturday.

Or you could come to any of the one-day Appleseeds - I've updated the first post with the full schedule for this year at Harvard where we will have several Sunday-only Appleseeds if you have a hard time getting free on a Saturday because of work (or it being the Sabbath).

We still have room on the line for the Harvard Appleseed Shoot this weekend. It's not too late to sign up!

Two days of shooting for $70 or less - hearing the story of Concord & Lexington like you never heard it in school - some of the best training in the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship you can find today at the best price - what's not to love?

We start at 8:30 on Saturday morning, rain or shine.

There'll be lunch available if you don't want to bring it, too.

Pre-registration is closed but we have plenty of room for walk-on registrations this weekend. $50 for one day, $80 for two. Or less, if you're one of the groups who shoots for free or reduced prices.

Weather forecast has cleared and the only rain in sight is a few showers on Sunday morning! Looks like a great weekend to come and shoot and hear about Concord & Lexington - not to mention such American heroes as Samuel Whittemore, Captain Isaac Davis, Dr. Samuel Prescott, William Dawes and of course, Paul Revere. (hint: he did NOT ride through the night yelling "The British are coming! The British are coming!")

Don't know who those guys are? Come down this weekend and find out. It's a hell of a story that every American should hear!

My daughters will be 10 & 12 by then, and have been shooting scoped Marlin 60's for several months. I have taught then the basics, but they could certainly use better instruction from somebody smarter than me. And the history lesson would be nice too! Any problem with bringing TWO kids, assuming they behave? And since I have two Marlins, sharing wouldn't be that big a deal:)

My daughters will be 10 & 12 by then, and have been shooting scoped Marlin 60's for several months. I have taught then the basics, but they could certainly use better instruction from somebody smarter than me. And the history lesson would be nice too! Any problem with bringing TWO kids, assuming they behave? And since I have two Marlins, sharing wouldn't be that big a deal:)

We had a couple of very well behaved kids at the last shoot who were even younger than yours. Bring em!

Todd, she wants that rifleman patch bad, we'll be back. I'm going to get her the Tech Sights, I think the scope makes it harder for her. Should I get the TSR100 or the TSR200?

If you don't mind adjusting elevation on the front sight, the TSR100s are cheaper, the tool works with AR15-A1 sights, and the flip adjustment is very close to perfect for the difference between 25 and 100yards. The 200s, however, can be adjusted more (between front and back), which means you can get out a little farther before you start having to just hold high.

Personally, I prefer the 100s.

Just signed up for the June 18/19 Appleseed (two shooters coming). Very excited to check it out!

Just signed up for the June 18/19 Appleseed at Harvard! Bringing my 10 y/o and (HOPEFULLY!) her older sister. Never been to one, so a couple of things I could use advice on...

Should we pack lunch? Is there any kind of food there? I plan to bring a cooler with water, snacks, that kinda stuff... Shooting prone I know, but on what? Dirt, grass, concrete? Should I bring a tarp? Any advantage to bringing sandbags for shooting rests? My daughter(s) will be shooting .22s, I will be shooting my Mosins.

I'm stoked! I'm sure there is more I should ask, but ignorance prevents me from knowing the questions, so I am open to suggestions and advice. More than anything, I want to make sure we have FUN!

Didn't I just answer this post? Radtekk... please don't cross-post. Makes life easier if I only have to type it once.

See here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ie-questions?p=1914625&viewfull=1#post1914625

You can bring the sandbags if you want, but you'll get much more use out of slings for each rifle. The only time we use a rest is if someone just cannot hold the rifle up (little kids) or there's some physical reason they can't hold the rifle (disability of some sort).

As for the Mosin... make sure your little girls have both plugs and muffs - it'll help cut down on the urge to flinch when the Mosin goes off. And you might want to bring a shooting jacket unless you're used to putting off a thousand rounds with that rifle in two days...

Back
Top Bottom