• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2 Shot at Brockton fair

I was there last night, and it really wasn't as bad as has been posted here. I'll say that when I went in, I made sure I wasn't defenseless and leave it at that. There were 2 cops and a security guard "randomly" checking people who entered, at the gate we entered at. We weren't searched, it seemed more like larger groups of kids were though(maybe the cops knew exactly who they were after). The rides and games were the norm for what you'd expect at a fair like this.

Overall it was a good night. None of us left with any extra holes in our bodies.

How was the clown at the dunk tank? I always likes to sit there and listen to him, he had a comment for everyone, funny as hell.

How was the clown at the dunk tank? I always likes to sit there and listen to him, he had a comment for everyone, funny as hell.

There aren't words to describe how funny that is. The only thing funnier than the s*** he talks, is dunking him mid sentence.[smile][smile][smile]

Back in my Brockton Fair days, more than 35 years ago, my old man took a few throws at the clown, and missed. As he was walking away, the clown said, "Next time wear a red belt so I can tell if you're walkin' or rollin'". The old man went back and dropped the clown with one ball. I'll never forget it.

The man and woman, who were not immediately identified today, were not killed in the shooting,

I think it's great how they say this like it's a great achievement.

"Some people were shot at our family fun fair, but they didn't die, so the fair is safe as can be folks!"

I'm fairly sure all of the violence you hear about is gang related. They are not targeting random people.

Whether or not it is, gangs aren't typically known for accurate shooting. [wink]

Also, someone got stabbed on the 4th. My friend was right next to the kid when it happened.

This is part of why it doesn't matter to me. I don't want a stabbing or shooting happening anywhere near me, even if the victim and assailant are scumbags. I'd be even more bothered with it if I was with my family at the time.

I don't much care WHO they're targeting, it's their inability to control where their bullets go that will have me keeping my family at home.

+1

I'll say that when I went in, I made sure I wasn't defenseless and leave it at that.

If there's metal detectors covering every entrance, it's a gun free zone, otherwise, it's just a friendly suggestion. [smile]

freaking pathetic... they pat you down when you enter... mmm... let me guess...

if im a dirt bag and want to sneak a gun in... i know that they will do a quick pat frisk and move on... pretty sure i can beat that...

but yeah. GFB you allow a legal permit holder to bring his registered firearm into the fair for his own safety.

fair is too expensive anyway.

A good friend owns Paramount rug and parks cars there right across from the main gate. I hang around and watch people and fireworks from there. If you need a safe place to park while there I can assure you it is a very safe place. Outside of that lot all bets are off!!

I watch them from my back deck and i can carry in my back yard [wink]

Has there been a year in recent history where there hasn't been a shooting, stabbing, or assault?

actaully it got pretty clean for a few years. Its still brockton, but if yo took the kids during the day it was ok. but i noticed last year that the real bad element was coming back. I already knew i wouldnt take the kids this year. this just reminds me why.

For many years now, there are anti-gang units (I believe from outside departments) invited to assist BPD at the Fair. There are known elements of the worst gangs that were "attending" the Fair for their own reasons. Kinda puts a damper on a "fun family atmosphere"?

Troublemakers used to get into the Fair by climbing the fence . . . this was many years ago, but I doubt that they could do anything to completely eliminate that problem.

Back
Top Bottom