• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2 Shot at Brockton fair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BROCKTON — Two people were shot at the Brockton Fair overnight and a police officer was punched in the face trying to help them, police said.

The man and woman, who were not immediately identified today, were not killed in the shooting, which was shortly after midnight, said Lt. Robert Sergio.

Capt. Steven Williamson was punched but is “fine,” Sergio said.

Sergio declined to provide any additional information.

wtf, unfortunately not a very surprising story, good thing the fine people at the fair don't allow lawfully licensed people to carry their legally owned firearm.
i called the fair today to ask their policy; no firearms period.
i said thank you my family and i will not be attending.

you couldn't PAY me to go to the Brockton Fair, even if MA issued me a NR Permit for free and let me bring my NH legal/MA illegal goodies.

Every year same thing, like the P.R. festival in Dorchester the newspapers can set the page up ahead of time and just insert the number of victims at press time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BROCKTON — Two people were shot at the Brockton Fair overnight and a police officer was punched in the face trying to help them, police said.

The man and woman, who were not immediately identified today, were not killed in the shooting, which was shortly after midnight, said Lt. Robert Sergio.

Capt. Steven Williamson was punched but is “fine,” Sergio said.

Sergio declined to provide any additional information.

wtf, unfortunately not a very surprising story, good thing the fine people at the fair don't allow lawfully licensed people to carry their legally owned firearm.
i called the fair today to ask their policy; no firearms period.
i said thank you my family and i will not be attending.

Why would you even ask? It's a fair, not a federal building...[thinking]

I used to love going to the Brockton Fair as a kid in the early 70s. Dad would gravitate to the beer garden. I went on all the rides. I went back once in the 80s for a look-see, and it was getting scummy then.

What a shame that urban scumbags have to trash everything decent.

I used to love going to the Brockton Fair as a kid in the early 70s. Dad would gravitate to the beer garden. I went on all the rides. I went back once in the 80s for a look-see, and it was getting scummy then.

Gringo... my family did the same thing. I have a lot of extended family in Brockton. Dad and uncles and cousins drank beer, we did the rides. We had a BLAST!

Sad to see such a fun even turn into something so unsafe.

Best,

Rich

Why does the fact that this happened in Brockton not surprise me?

ME TOO..............I went a few yrs ago. the babe I was with was a looker. The carnie insinuated "she" was taking me, like I insinuated back he was taking US.- The crowd of kids -----------well. [frown]

Brockton Fair has always been a cesspool of problems, going back to at least the 1960s when Carney ran it. Haven't been there since ~1969 and never plan on going back.

A good friend owns Paramount rug and parks cars there right across from the main gate. I hang around and watch people and fireworks from there. If you need a safe place to park while there I can assure you it is a very safe place. Outside of that lot all bets are off!!

A good friend owns Paramount rug and parks cars there right across from the main gate. I hang around and watch people and fireworks from there. If you need a safe place to park while there I can assure you it is a very safe place. Outside of that lot all bets are off!!

Hey, I remeber going in to Paramount Rug. There was always a funny solvent smell that hung in the air. Perchlorethylene, I expect. It left a residual taste in my mouth. The taste of the Krueger Ale that they sold on tap at the Cape Cod Cafe left the same taste in my mouth. odd.

Gringo's experiences x 2

For some reason, we always went to the parking lot at King's Department Store to watch the fireworks.
The only show I remember was Jeannie C. Riley (Harper Valley PTA)
I always won some stupid dog toy at the games, but that made it worth it.
The "Fun House" was scary, not sickening.
I went on the carousel once (the one where the cars spin on a central axis while the main wheel spins) and almost tossed cookies on my cousin.
Ah, the memories...

I used to love going to the Brockton Fair as a kid i I went back once in the 80s for a look-see, and it was getting scummy then.

The last time I went I was in the mid 80's- fights started to break out and girls were being raped in dark parking areas. As time progressed, so did the weapons. No longer were fists and feet being used but knives and guns as in the case that occured most recently. I could never take my family there, even during the day, to rough of a crowd

I haven't been to Brockton's in years. To bad as it is always over the fourth and something else to do with young kids. Each year it seems to have gotten seedier until I couldn't enjoy it any longer. I wait to take them to Marshfield's. Same thing, better environment. I like to take in the demolition derbies, eat my way across the midway and go to the 4H club/local animal exhibits. People watching is always good at a fair also. Some real characters show up. The kids naturally gravitate to the rides and games.

In the 80's my grampa used to get me in free because he was the head of 4H. I'd visit the petting zoo and then go walk the midway. I did this alone or with a friend and never had any issues.

In the late 90's I lived just a few blocks from the fair. We NEVER went. In truth the presence of the fair aggrivated us because we had the idjits from all over driving as only idgits can.

wait the carnies names are actually Carney? thats a riot. filthy little buggers.. small hands..

No, the peopel that run the fair are not the Carney family. They just happen to be the family that owns the fairgrounds. Reithoffer Shows is who runs the actual fair.

I've always thought it was just a funny coincedence that the carney family owns the grounds.

Also, someone got stabbed on the 4th. My friend was right next to the kid when it happened.

I go to the fair every year. I never have problems and am not worried about anything that has happened at the fair. I'm fairly sure all of the violence you hear about is gang related. They are not targeting random people.

They do have people that search you when you come in. I usually know a couple of them. [smile] I will say, they dont do a great job of searching antendees. Last time I went in, I could have brought in a pistol if I was carrying it by my belt buckle.

I was there last night, and it really wasn't as bad as has been posted here. I'll say that when I went in, I made sure I wasn't defenseless and leave it at that. There were 2 cops and a security guard "randomly" checking people who entered, at the gate we entered at. We weren't searched, it seemed more like larger groups of kids were though(maybe the cops knew exactly who they were after). The rides and games were the norm for what you'd expect at a fair like this.

Overall it was a good night. None of us left with any extra holes in our bodies.

Back
Top Bottom