2 Guns Seized From Malden Home: Police

KVX

2 Guns Seized From Malden Home: Police
Acting on a tip, officers recently seized two illegally owned weapons from a home on Waite Street, police said.
By Alex Newman, Patch Staff
Sep 30, 2019 10:41 am ET

70821867-2447438055310762-5917205357419036672-n___30104110029.jpg

Police recently seized two guns from a Malden home. (Malden Police Department)

MALDEN, MA — Officers recently seized two illegally owned weapons from a Malden home, police said. The Malden Police Department received a report Sept. 25 that a resident had guns in his home.

Officers searched the Waite Street house and seized two guns, according to police. A Malden man, who police did not name, was arrested.

“See Something, Say Something”

On 09/25/2019, the Malden Police Detective Division received information that an individual in the City of Malden unlawfully possessed firearms in his residence. After a preliminary investigation, led by Det. Doherty and Sgt. Mitchell, a search warrant was obtained and subsequently executed at a house on Waite Street in the City of Malden, where two firearms were recovered from the home. A Malden man, whom resides in the residence, will be charged..

Source: 2 Guns Seized From Malden Home: Police

No reason why it was illegally owned. Didn't the AG's office in one of the lawsuits say that technically you don't have to have an FID or LTC to have a gun in your residence?(I think I mentioned it in another post a while back but forget what someone said, lack of sleep from the kids lol)

No reason why it was illegally owned. Didn't the AG's office in one of the lawsuits say that technically you don't have to have an FID or LTC to have a gun in your residence?(I think I mentioned it in another post a while back but forget what someone said, lack of sleep from the kids lol)

I was also taught this. Maybe prohibited?

The first thing that comes to my mind is whether you really can impose a criminal penalty for the unlicensed exercise of a constitutionally enumerated right. We have, in the picture, a revolver and a pump action shotgun. There's no AWB, high-capacity magazine issue. The guns were not 'carried' or possessed outside the home, so that issue is dead. Assuming that the person is not a prohibited one or that there's no other 'hair' on this, is is reasonalbe to have a criminal rather than a civil penalty.

If there's not more here, I expect this to go away one way or another. The Commonwealth will not try to send this guy to jail and risk having the question escalated.

Good work? Horrible details and no name(to see if prior arrests). Someone was arrested for guns "who shouldn't have owned them". Based on what?

Illegal possession. What part of illegal did you not get? And No I don’t have that sticker on my vehicles, my guess is you have several

Illegal possession. What part of illegal did you not get? And No I don’t have that sticker on my vehicles, my guess is you have several

Illegal possession why? It doesn't say he was a PP. And as I said, pretty sure Maura argued that we could own a gun at home without a license. So why are you bouncing on the big blue do of dils without any more info than "illegal"? Was it just because he did not in fact have an LTC or FID meaning Maura lied about it in court(which we all know to be true)? Or was he a PP?

Illegal possession why? It doesn't say he was a PP. And as I said, pretty sure Maura argued that we could own a gun at home without a license. So why are you bouncing on the big blue do of dils without any more info than "illegal"? Was it just because he did not in fact have an LTC or FID meaning Maura lied about it in court(which we all know to be true)? Or was he a PP?

I trust they will release the details why it was an illegal possession. There are 10 million arrests a year, they know what they are doing. Sure there are a few hiccups, shit happens.

I trust they will release the details why it was an illegal possession. There are 10 million arrests a year, they know what they are doing. Sure there are a few hiccups, shit happens.
10 million entries into the national FBI fingerprint-based criminal records system. 10 million lives affected, unless you are a Hollywood superstar or are fortunate enough to live on a multi-million-dollar inheritance and do not have to worry about employers doing background checks.

The first thing that comes to my mind is whether you really can impose a criminal penalty for the unlicensed exercise of a constitutionally enumerated right. We have, in the picture, a revolver and a pump action shotgun. There's no AWB, high-capacity magazine issue. The guns were not 'carried' or possessed outside the home, so that issue is dead. Assuming that the person is not a prohibited one or that there's no other 'hair' on this, is is reasonalbe to have a criminal rather than a civil penalty.

If there's not more here, I expect this to go away one way or another. The Commonwealth will not try to send this guy to jail and risk having the question escalated.
Exactly. If there is nothing else going on, if it was me, I’d demand a trial! And right now!

Maybe by " illegally" possessed, they meant, someone saw, or knew that the guns were MA illegally being stored, you know, not in a safe, no trigger locks, etc.
IDK, just a thought.
BTW, why no mention of the person's name?

10 million entries into the national FBI fingerprint-based criminal records system. 10 million lives affected, unless you are a Hollywood superstar or are fortunate enough to live on a multi-million-dollar inheritance and do not have to worry about employers doing background checks.
Please adjust your tinfoil hat

Back
Top Bottom