• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1960s Toy Commercial That Would Horrify The Anti-Gunners

Gee, all those kids had toy guns back then…the poor children…such ignorant parents. There must have been so much death and carnage on the streets in the late 1950s and early 1960's. I am glad we had/ have an enlightened media and politicians to help straighten things out these days. (sarcasm)

I had one of those as a kid finding the perforated caps was a problem though.

I had one as well. We used to play army guys. We would all have helmets, and the latest toy guns of course and have our pretend battles. I was always jealous of the kid that had the machine gun that was on a pedestal, used batteries to light up the business end and made a rat a tat tat noise. kind of looked like an M-30. Of course little did I know that was just "training" for later in life....

I really don't understand this, just so very very confused. if these "toys" were sold to any kid that wanted them how on earth did they not all get killed by police while they were out playing with them?? they look so real, no orange paint on the ends or anything. I bet thousands of children died when the police mistook them for real weapons

</sarcasm>

My older brother and I were given winchester rifles that shot white plastic bullets. Can't remember what the brand was but I do remember my father taking the guns away when we started shooting our younger brother who wasn't old enough to have his own. Something similar to this.
http://youtu.be/P167UmxMCtI

Comes with CC badge and ID. What more could you ask for?

When I was little I made my own badge and ID on a dot matrix printer and Super Paint.

Thank God it's lost because Massachusetts would lock me up if I were found carrying it.

Hell I want that now!

Oh my. I feel like my childhood was wasted because I didn't have that!

That's cool!

Group buy? Will they ship to MA?

I am so in, In, IN!

I wasn't allowed guns as a child, my mother was a pioneer in hoplophobia.

My favorite toy was a snub-nose plastic cap revolver that I may or may not have squirreled into my house, hiding it far back in a hidey-hole in the rim joist under the porch where she wouldn't and couldn't go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool find and great post. Would have been awesome to have that, but I wasn't deprived. I did once get busted at grade school with an all metal Luger cap gun- no orange tips on it but it was really small. This was in SoCal in a relatively conservative town during the years Reagan was Governor. The teacher simply took it away and gave it back at the end of the day. Try holding a half-eaten poptart like a pistol today. Different times...

I remember bringing our toy pistols to school and playing with them out at recess as long as we put them away before class,no problem. Life was better growing up in the 60's and 70's.

Jeez, you guys led a deprived childhood. I grew up in the Rock Rimmon projects in Manchester. We were poor. Real poor. But I had one of those Tommy Guns. Mine didn't have smoke though. And I had a "Western" revolver that used greenie stick-em caps and fired light gray bullets. that'd be in the mid to late 50's.

Back
Top Bottom