1917 question.

btnh6668

NES Member
I have a remington 1917 i got a few months back. Im finally getting to cleaning it before i use it. Looks like it hasnt been touched in a long time. Im not very familiar with anything older than a Garand. I don't really want to disassemble the whole bolt assembly. Ive just split it in half, taking out the firing pin and spring. Would it be a bad idea for me to just stick the two pieces in my ultra sonic cleaner and then just spray the shit out of it with clp and scrub?

I have a Remington 1917 i got a few months back. I'm finally getting to cleaning it before i use it. Looks like it hasn't been touched in a long time. I'm not very familiar with anything older than a Garand. I don't really want to disassemble the whole bolt assembly. Ive just split it in half, taking out the firing pin and spring. Would it be a bad idea for me to just stick the two pieces in my ultra sonic cleaner and then just spray the shit out of it with CLP and scrub?

I have a 1917 US rifle Eddystone and I just doused the bolt in CLP. I did really clean the barrel out with copper solvent, Hoppes and CLP. Then I oiled everything up and bang, bang. That rifle is a joy to shoot and mine is extremely accurate.

How about some pictures of yours?

Attachments

• DSC_1010sm.jpg
    DSC_1010sm.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 29
I agree with just pulling the whole thing apart. Every firearm I acquire whether old or new gets a complete tear down before I ever take it out.

Enjoy the 1917... they're a joy to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom