• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911 recommendations?

Comparing a 1911 to a cz shadow 2 is kinda like comparing an apple and an orange they both taste good but they are 2 different styles of trigger and possibly caliber depending on your choice of 1911, they both can be tuned to be better than they started. The cz will need less maintanence and be less fussy over all, and the mags are much more reliable over time, one holds 8-10 rounds one holds up to 24. The cz is a bit more versatile than a 1911 though a bit bulkier

Depends on what you mean "good to go for awhile". Is 5K rounds a couple years of shooting or 2 month of shooting. Couple of months Either a Dan Wesson or a used STI Trojan. Both should last a while and high round counts.

If 5K will take a couple of years, then a SW, Ruger etc will work.
Trojans are rebranded rock islands... not knocking them...just save some cash and buy a rock island lol

Comparing a 1911 to a cz shadow 2 is kinda like comparing an apple and an orange they both taste good but they are 2 different styles of trigger
i do understand that, but, was just curious to hear from anybody who tried both.

I,ve tried both and both were/are very nice, it,s really a personal preference and what's its main purpose in life. Do you want to shoot a match on a wet muddy or sandy day use the cz. Are you shooting steel on a nice day use a 9mm 1911. Bowling pins maybe a 45 1911. Do you like the look of one better than the other? Do you want the ability to have a double action first shot or are you a safety only person? You should really have one of each 😀, or at least try them and then make up your own mind. Does one fit your hand better than the other? Neither one is really something most people would carry.

speaking of colt competition specifically - did you have a chance, by any chance, to compare it with a cz shadow 2?
Why yes, yes I have. LOL
Tough to compare apples to apples because the CZ is 9mm and my Colt is a 45, but there is a reason the Shadow is the gun of choice among competitors.
But assuming we were to compare the Shadow 2 to a massaged 9mm Colt Competition, and assuming the comparison is as it pertains to competition shooting, as much as I love my Colt, you gotta go Shadow 2. And not by a little.
I shoot my Colt well, and it puts lead where I tell it to. But for most shooters, the Shadow 2, is just about as close to perfect as you can get. And it is perfect right out of the box. I don't own one yet, but I will someday.
There are not many guns that can preform as well as the CZ against the timer.
I really don't compete, an occasional pin shoot or plates etc, but if I did, I would want a Shadow.

But there is just something about a Colt 1911...

Why yes, yes I have. LOL
Tough to compare apples to apples because the CZ is 9mm and my Colt is a 45, but there is a reason the Shadow is the gun of choice among competitors.
But assuming we were to compare the Shadow 2 to a massaged 9mm Colt Competition, and assuming the comparison is as it pertains to competition shooting, as much as I love my Colt, you gotta go Shadow 2. And not by a little.
I shoot my Colt well, and it puts lead where I tell it to. But for most shooters, the Shadow 2, is just about as close to perfect as you can get. And it is perfect right out of the box. I don't own one yet, but I will someday.
There are not many guns that can preform as well as the CZ against the timer.
I really don't compete, an occasional pin shoot or plates etc, but if I did, I would want a Shadow.

But there is just something about a Colt 1911...
Thx.
I’ll need to save a bit $ and I love my a bit guccified g34, I am decently accurate with it. I see now a shadow 2 optics ready for $1.4K, it is a bit much atm. But I am probably going to get it eventually. Thx for the response, it helps.

I shoot my CZ shadow 2 way more than the handful of 1911’s I have. I also have several CZ’s.

I’m a 1911 guy at heart. But CZ is my favorite mistress!

I shoot my CZ shadow 2 way more than the handful of 1911’s I have. I also have several CZ’s.

I’m a 1911 guy at heart. But CZ is my favorite mistress!
It's the splits. You can shoot a Shadow rapid fire and the damn thing just falls right back on target. It's almost spooky.

Back
Top Bottom