• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911 - High End Options Available in MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PistolShooter

NES Member
I have been researching this topic and want to get some feedback on here, what is available other than S&W E series or Performance Center for 1911s in 45acp in MA? I am specifically looking for a commander length, ideally lightweight for carry and my options seem very slim.

Is it possible to get a frame in from out of state for a custom gun and assemble later? Any LGS known for carrying a good selection of 1911s?

Also, any feedback on the commander length 1911's from recent production S&W? Are they worth the money? I have a few 1911s already, just new to MA and kicking myself for not doing this before I moved in.

He might not understand that a high end 1911 is like $4000. [laugh]

-Mike

Agreed, just seems to be slim pickings for 1911s over $1k in MA. They are the only ones I have seen.

Yes, you can buy a Caspian or STI frame from Brownells and have any gunsmith build it. Almost any MA FFL will do a frame transfer.

He might not understand that a high end 1911 is like $4000. [laugh]

-Mike

I fully understand. Other than $6-700 Ruger or Remingtion 1911s, I have only seen the S&W's that are over $1k and nothing has peaked my interest. I would love something along the Wilson, Nighthawk, etc. just don't see any options. Fully expect having to wait a while to maybe see someone selling something FTF, was just curious if there were any other options.

I fully understand. Other than $6-700 Ruger or Remingtion 1911s, I have only seen the S&W's that are over $1k and nothing has peaked my interest. I would love something along the Wilson, Nighthawk, etc. just don't see any options. Fully expect having to wait a while to maybe see someone selling something FTF, was just curious if there were any other options.

There are shitloads of options but you gotta be willing to do legwork, nobody is going to just hand it to you.

-Mike

There are shitloads of options but you gotta be willing to do legwork, nobody is going to just hand it to you.

-Mike

He is here for help, Legwork? "Nobody is just going to hand it to you"? This is why people hate forum advice and leave.... Are you suggesting calling dealers seeing if they will transfer you a Ed Brown or Wilson Combat? That doesn't work... Even if a dealer does transfer firearms not on the list they are not going to tell a guy on the phone they don know "yea I can get that"...

Your best bet is used classifieds or posting in the WTB section. That's how I got my Dan Wesson. Having one built sounds like a nice option but then you are spending at least 5k.

He is here for help, Legwork? "Nobody is just going to hand it to you"? This is why people hate forum advice and leave.... Are you suggesting calling dealers seeing if they will transfer you a Ed Brown or Wilson Combat? That doesn't work... Even if a dealer does transfer firearms not on the list they are not going to tell a guy on the phone they don know "yea I can get that"...

Your best bet is used classifieds or posting in the WTB section. That's how I got my Dan Wesson. Having one built sounds like a nice option but then you are spending at least 5k.

When there are awesome loopholes, the worst thing to do is openly flaunt them. You can get a new Wilson or anything else in MA without resorting to classifieds. I can name three ways off the top of my head, but I wouldn't post them on here. I learned about them by getting involved in competition.

When there are awesome loopholes, the worst thing to do is openly flaunt them. You can get a new Wilson or anything else in MA without resorting to classifieds. I can name three ways off the top of my head, but I wouldn't post them on here. I learned about them by getting involved in competition.

Not looking for any handouts or to put anyone in a bad position. Looking to learn from the experienced members on the forum since I am new to MA.

Also looking to get back involved in competition, used to quite a bit. Seven or so years ago when I was in RI there was a good sized group that did pin and plate shoots in RI and southern MA. Hoping as I get settled and reloading again to try and get back into that.

LOL, I just sent you a PM with some info, even before you posted this. If you bothered to read it, you wouldn't have posted this. [rofl] What bill says is right, discretion is the watch word.

-Mike

Not looking for any handouts or to put anyone in a bad position. Looking to learn from the experienced members on the forum since I am new to MA. Also looking to get back involved in competition, used to quite a bit. Seven or so years ago when I was in RI there was a good sized group that did pin and plate shoots in RI and southern MA. Hoping as I get settled and reloading again to try and get back into that.

The Attorney General's staff and/or her rats are on this forum. If we post wall hacks, then the AG knows about them and she will go after them.

We aren't being discreet to be a pain in the neck or to be mean to you. We are being discreet to keep from poking the bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom