• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911 gunsmith in SE MA?

anybody know of a good 1911 gunsmith in SE MA? at the moment I just need sights but I would like to build a working relationship with the same gunsmith since i plan on some more intensive 1911 work being needed in the future. Also I would prefer someone with an actual shop, I'd rather not hand my pistol to billy bob to tinker with in his garage.

anybody know of a good 1911 gunsmith in SE MA? at the moment I just need sights but I would like to build a working relationship with the same gunsmith since i plan on some more intensive 1911 work being needed in the future. Also I would prefer someone with an actual shop, I'd rather not hand my pistol to billy bob to tinker with in his garage.

Greg Derr is in Marshfield. He does excellent work on 1911's, and is great to deal with. Check out his work in the dealer forum.

Check out Dave Santurri also. He fitted an Ed Brown safety to my 1911. Nice guy. I didn't have payment in hand, he let me mail him a check afterward, and let me wait the ~10min it took to fit the safety.

http://www.santurriltd.com/index.html

FYI: His shop is right behind Northeast Trading Co. He has a very small sign next to the door, but nothing else [grin]

Dave is great machinist, 1911 sights are a piece for cake him. He's worked on nearly every one of my guns.

Like all areas of the firearm industry these days, he's very busy. I was just in Saturday and he has a ton of jobs in the safe, but 1911 sights are an easy one. I would call ahead.

401-726-1310

new e-mail:
[email protected]

I don't know of anyone else so I can't say, but Greg Derr is a great guy and does awesome work. I've used him before and will be again for my 1911....as soon as I figure out what it is I want to have done with it.

Back
Top Bottom