1903A4 Build

Over the last year or so I have been slowly getting parts together to build my 1903A4 clone. Some were so coated with cosmoline it took a little work to get them clean. They finally all came together and the build was on. It ended up a pretty nice rifle. I have checked the chamber with the PTG 30-06 GO and NO-Go gauges and it was perfect. I still have to find a Gunsmith in the Southeast, Ma. area to drill and tap the receiver for the scope mount. It has a no Drill mount on it now.
1e.jpg
1.jpg
1a.jpg
1b.jpg
1c.jpg
20150715_203347.jpg
1d.jpg
cstock.jpg
cstock1.jpg

The first round through the 1903A4 I built. Yes I used a string and on the next 3 also, I maybe Crazy but not Stupid. After that it was fire away. :)
[video]https://www.facebook.com/bill.niedzwiedz/videos/vb.1313914797/10207519991980623/?type=2&theater[/video]

I test fired from a stand first, it worked perfectly. I took it off the stand I had a little problem getting the rounds on the paper but I brought the target in to 25yards and got the scope set and then she was great
[video]https://www.facebook.com/bill.niedzwiedz/videos/vb.1313914797/10207519895378208/?type=2&theater[/video]

Cool that's what I wanted to do. Although after pricing everything out I decided to just by a RockRidgeMacine built clone.
I also could not find anyone willing to take on the drilling and T&D of the receiver. That was in 2010.

blowing_kiss_christian_bale.gif

Never mind, didn't look at the last picture [thinking]

beautiful build, I did this once years ago and vowed never to do it again....it got real expensive!

Last edited:
Nice! I'd like to grab a 03a4 (clone that is) to go with the Garand and carbine. Sometime next year I'll probably buy a rock ridge through the CMP.

Funny, looking at the pile of parts caked in cosmoline, I was trying to figure out what one of them was...then realized it was the trigger on top of the extractor.

Nice build!

Back
Top Bottom