14 years ago today...

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
I was called Marine for the first time. It sent chills down my back and I had to fight back the tears of joy.

148328.jpg

Wow!!! That's you? Well congrats man!!!! [grin] [smile]

That's a hell of an achievement for sure. Thank you for your service and for caring enough about your country to do it in the first place.

/salute

[iwojima]

OCT. 18TH it will be 10 years to the day i was first called MARINE.best part about graduation day was it was my 19th birthday also.

I graduated basic in 0ct 27 1981 (Army) Ft dix then off to a year in AIT at ft Devens I was a 33S till reclassed to a 33Q (interscept systems repairer)
Basicly if the army used it and it was a reciever/transmitter (jammers) computer or recorder I worked on them.

Good pic Derek.

Okay, 41 years ago today, I was somewhere with ITB at Camp Pendleton, being trained in the highly specialized and esoteric skills necessary for my primary MOS, 0311. [wink]

Ken

<waving fan in front of face> whoa D....be still my heart. Have I mentioned that I just love a man in uniform? Especially a Marine...something about that blue.

Now why did you post that? Oh yeah...Happy Anniversary hun...and thank you. [wink]

Wow Derek, that's pretty cool. Back then there wasn't a thought about NES, I'll bet. For us civilians, there wasn't even an Internet. Anniversary congratulations to all and thanks to all of you who served.

Back
Top Bottom