• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

122 miles ,,,, Freetown to Greylock 2 meters

I posted about a tiger tail on my Baofeng 8 watt ,,, well I got 122 miles into Greylock repeater tonight ,,, Wow I am so excited ,,, thanks Matt if you see this ,,,, It was scratchy but readable got call signs exchanged and talked a bit ,,,,, WOW

Amazing! My max is 50W at ~200mi from my roof 2m/70cm Comet to an APRS repeater on a NY mountaintop. So ya did good!

Your elevation? Antenna? Jack W1FKG.

This...inquiring minds want to know. I live in the FN42EN grid and I cannot hit Greylock to save my life. Probably the hills between me and the hill. I have a Diamond X515 and can put out about 1100W (amp plus antenna gain) and I can't hit it. :(

I hold the record for an HT contact on 900 MHz into the Waltham 900 machine, 160 miles.
OK, I was on top of MT. Washington, but that's still quite a feat for 4 watts on a stubby.

I hold the record for an HT contact on 900 MHz into the Waltham 900 machine, 160 miles.
OK, I was on top of MT. Washington, but that's still quite a feat for 4 watts on a stubby.

Eh...the repeater was doing the heavy lifting there! :) Still pretty cool tho!

Back
Top Bottom