1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. NES Life memberships are now available, click here for details.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

12-year-old boy violently assaults Southbridge man with baseball bat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Qwikdraw45, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Sparky123

Sparky123 NES Member

Sounds like a great idea. Let him go home with his parents so he can finish the job he started, either that or bash someone else's head open. This kid is a murder just waiting to happen. Sadly, once this little ass**** kills someone everybody will be shaking their heads saying, how could something like this happen, we never saw that coming.

dhuze, oldgunner, Uzi2 and 1 other person like this.

2. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

Chances are the yute will lose it next year, too, and will get nabbed then.

3. Picton

Picton NES Member

Yeah. First day of school, our town police chief came in and told us about this law. None of us had heard. He seemed really pissed that he could no longer arrest kids who do horrible things at school.

He wasn’t the only one.

4. CAR

CAR NES Member

I wrote to Will Brownsberger, chair of the MA Joint Committee on Public Safety & Homeland Security about this today. I don't live in his district, and he recently changed his blog policy to only publish comments from his constituents but he wrote back to me anyway. (I think it was probably a staffer first, and then him in a follow up message). His position is there is a lot of confusion out there and this kid could have been arrested under both the old and new laws, and that clarifying the situation is a high priority when the legislature resumes.

The cynic in me finds it suspicious that the people who have to investigate the crimes and present the evidence to the DAs - and appear in court - seem to have such a different understanding of what the law requires than the legislators do. For all the pats the legislature gave themselves in the bac, the final product seems like a case of ,we will have to pass it to find out what it says,

I guess the alternative is a vast, statewide conspiracy between all the different municipal police departments to make the legislature look bad. Could happen I guess.

Edit, took out the first partial sentence that was a carryover from an earlier draft

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  5. Picton

Picton NES Member

Could be. I’m guessing it’s simply an awful law, and that nobody will claim it once one of these 8-year-olds kills somebody.

The CoP who told us this is admittedly kind of an idiot, but he’s not usually a liar. His claim was that CoPs statewide were against this law, on the grounds that it removed a tool from their kit.

He felt the best response when a kid was being violent at school was for the principal to suspend them effective immediately, but that’s meaningless if the parent can’t come get them.

CAR likes this.
  6. Reptile

Reptile NES Member

This sets a bad example.

Kids will be commenting more crimes now they know they can't get in trouble.

What is it with good Catholic alter boys who did not do anything and graffiti?

Why does this one group always do this?

7. amm5061

amm5061 NES Member

These shitbag legislators don't actually read what they vote on and never have; that's what they have minions for. The minions read the shit and then tell the legislators which way they should vote, or the people who bought and paid for the legislators read it and tell them. Either way, they never know what their own laws say.

I suspect the cops know more about the content of the laws that get passed, and we all here know exactly how well versed in the law your typical cop in Massachusetts can be. [rolleyes]

CAR likes this.
  8. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Ah yes. The cry of absentee parents. "We did our BEST! How could this happen?" No. You didn't do your best. You did your least.

(Sadly, I know a PILE of parents like this. Especially in churches. It's a good place to stay the same and not be held accountable despite the premise of Christianity in the first place. LOL)

9. dhuze

dhuze NES Member

An island surrounded by land on three sides
    The worst part is, if anything bad happens to that little shit, the police will be visiting the real victim and trying to charge him.

10. AHM

AHM NES Member

This Will Turn Out Well Dept.​
    The court finds the defendant guilty,
    and sentences him to Bonk Bonk on the Head.
    [​IMG]

11. ridleyman

ridleyman NES Member

or in the Atlantic.

12. new guy

new guy NES Member

Neither the legislators nor their aides have the intellectual capacity to be trusted writing laws, yet they do. I know a few, and have seen plenty in action, and in almost all cases they are far from being the best or the brightest. Political ambition is a pretty shitty qualification.

amm5061 likes this.
  13. Uzi2

Uzi2 NES Member

Political ambition is not a qualification, it is a psychotic mental illness, right up there with narcissistic personality disorder( both usually exist concurrently in politicians) and it is also the worst thing for any free man to be the victim of...thats why anyone who displays it either overtly or covertly should fought against tooth and nail at every opportunity.

slipknot likes this.