• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

12 gauge folding stock EB gun.

I have a pistol gripped folding stock 12g mossburg 500. No sales reciepts , no nothing , ....but I do have a class A LTC.

Out of nowhere the other day I said to myself " Oh ! hell , I wonder if my shotgun is some kind of weapon violation here in Mass. ..."

Once upon a time I was given a 12 gauge Mossburg 500 ( cruiser ? ) with a pistol grip - no stock. ( I sent in a blue card ) and never used it for anything - as for me it is/was a useless configuration. Years later I bought a side folding wire stock for it at galleons or whatever it was before that in Danvers..., At least I can shoulder the thing now. Still never shoot it , I prefer the standard wood furniture on my Rem 870.

In the event Law Enforcement ever peruses my gun cabinet ... Is it legal even own the damn thing ? ....

I feel that our laws are so twisted i will eventually own something I shouldn't. And they are making it very difficult to comply , or care ...

here's the law

“Assault weapon”, shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models); (ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil; (iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70); (iv) Colt AR-15; (v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR and FNC; (vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9 and M-12; (vi) Steyr AUG; (vii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and (viii) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as, or similar to, the Street Sweeper and Striker 12; provided, however, that the term assault weapon shall not include: (i) any of the weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, specified in appendix A to 18 U.S.C. section 922 as appearing in such appendix on September 13, 1994, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1, 1993; (ii) any weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a semiautomatic assault weapon; (iv) any weapon that was manufactured prior to the year 1899; (v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable assault weapon; (vi) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition; or (vii) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-121.htm

If someday LE has "reason to peruse your gun cabinet/safe", they are going to take everything in sight!

They don't come and inspect what we own for shits and grins.

If there at anyone's home and ask to see their guns, they are their to take them all, no matter what they are or when you bought them.

So, just never give them any reason to be investigating you and you'll be the only person who knows what you own (unless you post your inventory here or on some other world-accessible media).

It's really that simple.

If someday LE has "reason to peruse your gun cabinet/safe", they are going to take everything in sight!

They don't come and inspect what we own for shits and grins.

If there at anyone's home and ask to see their guns, they are their to take them all, no matter what they are or when you bought them.

So, just never give them any reason to be investigating you and you'll be the only person who knows what you own (unless you post your inventory here or on some other world-accessible media).

It's really that simple.
+1 that is the best piece of advice I've seen in a while.

Okay , thanks. - not illegal. I am getting a bit paranoid living in this place ...

I have no intention of inviting anyone to "peruse" my gun cabinet. Seemed like a simple way to metaphor random situations where me/gun/police interact - a bad tail light in the wrong town for with "all legal purposes" in mind : shooting pumpkins on private land or trap shooting ...

Back
Top Bottom