12/9/14 - The day Amazon sold $161 ACOGs to the masses...

I don't know how ACOG rates among top scopes, but they also have lifetime warantee and that in itself is got to cost a lot.

Why are ACOG's so expensive?? I guess I'm just not operator?

They're extremely durable and hold a zero like a champ. I've had to turn in blown apart M4s from IEDs and while the M4s were completely destroyed, the ACOGs were either still functional or even still serviceable. Lesser optics would be destroyed before the weapon reaches its own threshold. As for holding zero, the ones in my Company faced so much banging and abuse during missions or field exercises, yet they'd still be right on target the next time they were shot at the range.

Oh, and the stadia lines are fantastic at speeding up range estimation and target acquisition of human targets.

Bottom line, if you only go to the range then they are fairly pricey and are overkill for your application. If you use your weapon as a tool and depend on it to be reliable in austere conditions, then they are entirely worth the money.

I don't know how ACOG rates among top scopes, ...

They rate extremely well as a combat optic.

They're extremely durable and hold a zero like a champ. I've had to turn in blown apart M4s from IEDs and while the M4s were completely destroyed, the ACOGs were either still functional or even still serviceable. Lesser optics would be destroyed before the weapon reaches its own threshold. As for holding zero, the ones in my Company faced so much banging and abuse during missions or field exercises, yet they'd still be right on target the next time they were shot at the range.

Oh, and the stadia lines are fantastic at speeding up range estimation and target acquisition of human targets.

Bottom line, if you only go to the range then they are fairly pricey and are overkill for your application. If you use your weapon as a tool and depend on it to be reliable in austere conditions, then they are entirely worth the money.

They rate extremely well as a combat optic.

Ok, I'll stick with my $70 red dots![laugh]

"This guy made a killing..."

What good is having all that stuff?

Most of it is not in demand so I don't see how he can sell it off for much of a profit.

Ok, I'll stick with my $70 red dots![laugh]

I put my bushnell trs25 last night with the hi-rise mount, and it seems really high. The top of the front sight seems like it's on the very bottom of the optic when looking through my rear sight. If I were to take off the hi-rise mount, I feel like it would be too short.

Gotta watch out for those grail-shaped beacons.

I'm suspicious of crazy-cheap deals. With Amazon, even "Sold/shipped/fulfilled by Amazon" isn't 100% safe, all too often fakes slip into their supply chain. At least Amazon is good about returns.

You and me both. Just had a "spirited disagreement" with my wife about these optics when I mentioned buying a few if this type of thing ever came up again. She said that was a stupid waste of money and they probably weren't worth even the $162 they were asking. Let's just say, I would be begging for forgiveness rather than asking permission knowing how short sighted she is on these matters.
One more reason to stay single. My biggest concern when deciding to buy or not to buy is does it fit my budget & garage (IOW, "Is it smaller and cheaper than a pickup truck?". Assuming I haven't already got one, hit "Buy".

Last edited by a moderator:
I put my bushnell trs25 last night with the hi-rise mount, and it seems really high. The top of the front sight seems like it's on the very bottom of the optic when looking through my rear sight. If I were to take off the hi-rise mount, I feel like it would be too short.

I'm seeing a lot of similar Bushnell ones. Anyone know the differences?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom