12/9/14 - The day Amazon sold $161 ACOGs to the masses...

I tried since the 9th to grab some of these deals and it was near impossible. These guys had the filters and everything down to a science. An RMR deal would pop up and be gone within seconds. I had a few items in my cart at one point and went to check out only to say they were out of stock and back at reg price.

Deals are still coming, but I highly doubt there will be anymore even close to the ones we just missed out on.

And now that the cat is out of the bag, the competition just increased X10,000

I tried since the 9th to grab some of these deals and it was near impossible. These guys had the filters and everything down to a science. An RMR deal would pop up and be gone within seconds. I had a few items in my cart at one point and went to check out only to say they were out of stock and back at reg price.

One-Click Shopping on Amazon is how they're doing it.

You and me both. Just had a "spirited disagreement" with my wife about these optics when I mentioned buying a few if this type of thing ever came up again. She said that was a stupid waste of money and they probably weren't worth even the $162 they were asking.[rolleyes] Let's just say, I would be begging for forgiveness rather than asking permission knowing how short sighted she is on these matters.[smile]

But more than you need and sell the extra. You will still come out ahead...

I've always thought myself somewhat of an Amazon guru but I'm confused. What filters? What is an RMR deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy made a killing...

This isn't complete but a rough idea of 70% of it. I only have about 40% of the order in so far-

ACOG 6x48 .50BMG
Maxpedition Zafar
VZ Compact Green
VZ Full Black
Diamond Fugitive Bow
Spyderco Chaparral
VZ Simmonich Grey
3 Belts
Pelican 1500 Case
Hogue 10/22 Stock
Weapon Light
VZ Operator Compact
Diversion Pack
Diversion Backpack
Meula Bowie
VZ Grips Full Sand
El Paso IWB G26
Ryumon Wakizashi
Hogue Winchester 70
TRU Ball Ultra 4
Beretta Case
Carson 3D
Recurve LH bow
Hatch Helmet
Rifle Case
Ryumon Katana
Tactical Tailor Belt
Trijicon RMR Mount
Counter Sniper scope
C-More
TRU Ball Inside Out
VZ Operator Full
VZ Alien
LoadOut Bag
Pelican 0340
Pelican 0350
Bore Snake Store
Quest Rogue
ADM Mount
Arrow Rest
Mossberg 500 Camo Stock
Valken Air Tank
Tacprogear Sling
Alumagrip slick full
Akita Stock
Akita Stock
Colt Rosewood Grips
J Frame Pocket
Python Grips - Pau Ferro
N frame Grips Camo
Extreme Bowsight
N frame Grips Camo
N frame Cocobolo
Python Grips - Rosewood
N frame Goncolo
N frame Cocobolo
N Frame Goncolo Bantam
Safariland Glock 17 Holster
Carbon Arrows -24
Carbon Arrows -24
Arrow tips
Surefire Weaponlight
Quiver
Mag Hoslter
TRU Ball Trigger
Shooting Mat
Vengeance Pro Glasses

I needed a surprising amount of it, some of the cheap stuff I got to resell.

Total spent $2,800 (that list is about $2,300) - total retail of about $14,500. I couldn't say no at some of those prices. Outfit all my revolvers and 1911s with new grips for $140 total? Why the hell not. Extra couple bows for when I have kids, two for the wife, some backpacks, etc. nothing consumable really but stuff I'll get use out of, that which I don't, I'll sell.

I was going to get a $161 ACOG,but I would rather support the LGS and pay $1100..I don't want them to go out of business, they treat me right and always great me with a gentle smile upon entering their store..[smile]

I would buy $1100 worth of $161 acogs and become the LGS for awhile lol

These sold out in seconds. My guess is someone used a bot to order them up. Even if you were at your computer, checking it constantly, you most likely wouldn't have gotten these deals. You didn't really lose out on much. :)

Somewhat related...

Amazon glitch causes some UK business owners to lose thousands

Right in the middle of the holiday shopping season, an Amazon.com software glitch caused local U.K. businesses to lose thousands of dollars early on Saturday. From midnight to 1 a.m. ET, a program developed by RepricerExpress that automatically adjusts prices on Amazon Marketplace in order for businesses to stay competitive went haywire. Items were priced down to a lower than one penny in U.S. currency, reports The Guardian.

“We got a call from a competitor to say ‘do you realize all your listings at a penny?’ By the end of the hour, we had 1,600 orders,” Martin Le Corre, a toy seller, told the Guardian. Le Corre added that the software failure might have left him with a loss up to over $150,000.

A spokesperson for the online retail giant told The Guardian that the company “responded quickly” and was “able to cancel the vast majority of orders placed on these affected items immediately and no costs or fees will be incurred by sellers for these cancelled orders.”

Amazon was unable to cancel the orders that had already been processed, Time.com reports.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/12...ess-owners-to-lose-thousands/?intcmp=features

bumping my question from last Friday that no one answered, haha

They are pretty much top-of-the-line for optics of that type I guess. I have an AR but it's a bare bones A2 configuration with a preban carry handle lower. I don't like having an optic that high above the bore axis.

Back
Top Bottom