• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

100,000 Greek Garands on the way!

USMA-82

NES Member
From the Chairman's column in the Fall 2007 issue of the Garand Collector's Association Journal:

"... Orest Michaels informed the members that the delays on receiving additional rifles from Greece have been resolved, and CMP is in the process of taking delivery of about 100,000 of them. The first truckloads were being unloaded while the Convention (CGA, in Kansas City) was underway. Orest estimates that the new shipment and possible other shipments represent nearly a five year supply at current sales rates.... sales are expected to begin later this year after the usual sorting and checking operations are performed."

Looks like the pipeline hasn't completely dried up!

Last edited:
[shocked]

Just what I didn't need to hear!! Now I can think of buying a second one so I can stick a scope on it... and keep my first one iron sights. O my daughter! O my ducats!

Damn!

It's gonna take them 5 years just to sort, inspect, grade and clean them all.

Hopefully, they'll discover and ship more ammo with those rifles.

Son of a b! This means my credit will once again be getting maxed out - it probably means a new safe ( the current one is almost full) - it means I will have to buy more cases of ammo - when will this madness end?[grin]

When Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer & Diane Feinstein finally get the Second Amendment repealed?

Exactly - this is what kills my bank account - the need to buy up as many as possible before that time comes when I can't buy them anymore. And I am not really joking about this.

And not to inject politics into this (but you started it [wink]) - but this is actually one of the reasons I have for voting for somebody like Ron Paul - instead of having to constantly worry when the next draconian gun ban is coming (hence the need to buy as much now as I can possibly afford) I know that with a President Paul sitting in the oval office there is GUARANTEED veto on any and all gun legislation that is not constitutional. An approval is guaranteed with Hillary in office - but it is probably also guaranteed with any of the major Republican candidates too, and we have already seen this before - both Bushes have signed anti-gun legislation .

I have been watching CMP for a while - and even Orest has said in the forums that he has been surprised by how quickly things have sold out when the spector of increasing gun control starts to rear it's head. If Hillary were to get elected - I bet those 100,000 Garands would be gone as fast as they could ship them out the door.

If Hillary were to get elected - I bet those 100,000 Garands would be gone as fast as they could ship them out the door.

Not just the CMP - imagine the run on every gun shop in the land! If it looks like Hitlery is going to make it to the White House, I gotta convince Carl at Four Seasons to start selling shares!

Back
Top Bottom