10/22 build

This is what happens when I bet bored. Started as a stock receiver and barrel for $100 and $60 of aircraft aluminum. Finish is black anodized with a MR 17 Hm2 barrel Wood is called Rambutan and comes from a fruit tree in India. I wanted the red look to set off the black. Tripod is ebay cheapy and scope is 6-24x50. Stock is under 3 lbs. Reciever I bead blasted and polished.

DSCN0429.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN0428.jpg
[/IMG]

Building the stock
Apr15_0002.jpg

Apr19_0001.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! That is a sweet stock! Nice machining and application of the wood accents. Really looks nice and is definitely one of a kind. I hope it shoots for you as well as it looks. Update once you have some range time with it.

How hard was it to machine the inletting for the receiver? Just curious if it dropped right in or required any final fitting.

WOW! That is a sweet stock! Nice machining and application of the wood accents. Really looks nice and is definitely one of a kind. I hope it shoots for you as well as it looks. Update once you have some range time with it.

How hard was it to machine the inletting for the receiver? Just curious if it dropped right in or required any final fitting.

Inleting the reciever wasn't bad at all. Took dimensions from a normal stock and transfered them to the block I was working with. Only critical dimension was the vertical step where the reciever and trigger group lock in in the back of the reciever. Butt stock was just a matter of matching both sides of the radius on the rear and middle for the recesses

Inleting the reciever wasn't bad at all. Took dimensions from a normal stock and transfered them to the block I was working with. Only critical dimension was the vertical step where the reciever and trigger group lock in in the back of the reciever. Butt stock was just a matter of matching both sides of the radius on the rear and middle for the recesses

This is why I'm jealous. If it were me I would have cut it a little big and epoxy bedded it claiming I did it that way for a better fit[wink], not because I lacked the skills to layout and cut that accurately.[smile]

This is why I'm jealous. If it were me I would have cut it a little big and epoxy bedded it claiming I did it that way for a better fit[wink], not because I lacked the skills to layout and cut that accurately.[smile]

I also did bed the barrel just before where I cut down the forend to eliminate barrel droop. Trust me I did have a little bit of sweat on the brow when I was cutting all the recesses and steps. About 8 hrs total in machining, welding and finishing before the anodizing

Back
Top Bottom