03 C&R Eligible Question

K98

03 C&R eligibility I thought was based on the ATF's list of approved weapons. However, does the State then make changes to that list as to what's approved? (Very confused...)

The state has no influence what's on the list or not, however they can regulate how it's transferred and create a de facto ban.

03 C&R eligibility I thought was based on the ATF's list of approved weapons. However, does the State then make changes to that list as to what's approved? (Very confused...)

MA has no influence on C&R anything and for that matter doesn't recognize the license except in one very limited context.

-Mike

From my experience, any firearm that is a C&R can be shipped to a dealer FFL and then transferred to a C&R FFL holder as an FFL to FFL transfer. An eFA-10 then needs to be done to "register" the gun.

From my experience, any firearm that is a C&R can be shipped to a dealer FFL and then transferred to a C&R FFL holder as an FFL to FFL transfer. An eFA-10 then needs to be done to "register" the gun.

This defeats the whole purpose of getting your C&R FFL. Its so you can have a C&R firearm shipped to YOU, not a dealer. Its a waste of time and money, just have it sent to you and fill out the eFA-10.

... Or just have the seller ship the firearm directly to the C&R... That still works, even in MA.

Exactamundo

This defeats the whole purpose of getting your C&R FFL. Its so you can have a C&R firearm shipped to YOU, not a dealer. Its a waste of time and money, just have it sent to you and fill out the eFA-10.

- - - Updated - - -

and this.....
... Or just have the seller ship the firearm directly to the C&R... That still works, even in MA.

It's not a list of approved firearms. It's any firearm over 50 years old or older, OR exempted firearms on an approved list. The approved list mainly consists of newer firearms that there is no longer ammo made for and some newly manufactured commemorative replicas of older firearms like the Iwo Jima M1 carbine.

Well a distributor has a gun listed for sale but states it is not C&R eligible in this State. It is on the ATF C&R list however. (???)

That's the distributor's choice, not the state's list. Lots of gun folks won't do business here, whether that business is legal or not.

I always thought that off list C&R handguns in MA could only be purchased from an in state FFL if you had a C&R FFL. Is that not accurate or ? Out of state FFL to you with a C&R FFL I thought was up to finding an out of state FFL willing to ship directly.

There are a lot of vendors that will not send C&R guns period. Some won't ship pistols some won't ship semi auto rifles effect. What can be federally transferred between dealers and C&R holders may not apply to state laws......

Exactly my recent issue with the M95 Nagant; I had to find another vendor when the first one I contacted was anti-Mass and wouldn't ship to my FFL3.

T

Back
Top Bottom