‘Top Cops’ cited for stopping slayer

Cross-X

Shooting at the big range in heaven
Dealer
NES Member
‘Top Cops’ cited for stopping slayer
By O’Ryan Johnson
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - Updated: 01:53 AM EST

Two Hub cops were handed a national policing award for bravely facing and shooting dead an alleged killer as he blasted away at them in a crowded parking lot, police said.

Officers Al Young and Ebenezer Sealy were honored as Top Cops by the National Association of Policing Organizations in a ceremony yesterday at the State House.

The two officers were nominated by the Boston Police Patrolman’s Association following an October shooting in which Stan Seney, 28, allegedly shot and killed a man in a Theater District parking lot, then fired at Young and Sealy when they arrived. The officers returned fire, killing Seney.

“They acted with bravery and courage under fire,” said Boston Police Patrolman Union president Thomas Nee.

“That’s what’s being recognized.”

A preliminary investigation into the shooting ruled Young and Sealy’s actions were justified, but the Suffolk District Attorney’s office has not issued a final report. Nee said he’s confident both men were acting heroically that night.

“I think the facts speak for themselves,” he said. “There’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that their actions were appropriate.”

Ten Top Cops award recipients are selected from a pool that includes nominees from each state and U.S. territory.

Congratulations to Officers Al Young and Ebenezer Sealy for a job well done !

...Every time I hear the words "National Award" I can't help but think of that silly lamp from A Christmas Story.

MrTwigg said:
...Every time I hear the words "National Award" I can't help but think of that silly lamp from A Christmas Story.
50d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom