ZM style AR15s

dd

With all the talk about what is legal for "assault weapons" I am wondering what the listers know about Aldo Zitta's rifles. Until I saw coverage on ShootingUSA I had no knowledge of him or his company. Interesting since it is located in MA. I have never even seen one of his rifles.

Now, since they have their recoil spring over the barrel there is no need for a mechanism extending into the butt stock. The Shooting USA show had several styles of butt stocks which can be seen at www.zmweapons.com which I am wondering which of are legal in MA? Comments??

As long as it's a fixed stock, you're good.

Not really... they all have Phantom flash suppressors. [hmmm]

I would think that since ZM is located in MA that the owner is sympathetic to the plight of MA gun owners and shouldn't have a problem building one with a muzzle brake (or no muzzle attachment/no threaded barrel), permanently attached.

FWIW, unless there's some other benefit to the modified recoil system (less felt recoil, better accuracy, etc), I don't see much point in owning one with a fixed stock.

OTOH... they are "wicked pissah" looking. [smile]

ZM weapons are manufactured in Mass. by ( YHM ) Yankee Hill Machine .
I maintain there Air Compressors .
If You shoot a Bushmaster , check out there site ( just Google YHM )
if You own any Bushmaster or BM style firearm's , check to see if Your accessories part # begins with a Y . They also make a lot of goodies that I can't talk about in an open forum.
Yes ,You can buy direct on a lot of items.
Bob

I think you can also buy a ZM upper and slap it on a preban
lower, so that may also be an option for some. The whole
point of his system is to enable the use of a folder, so it's kinda pointless
if you don't go all the way. (Well, the guns run cleaner too, but IMO the
folder is the biggest improvement... otherwise one can get a POF or
whatever for about the same amount of cake. )

http://www.zmweapons.com/conversion_kits.htm

Weird he doesnt have any folders with those kits, though! (im sure you could
prolly get one with an upcharge.... )

-Mike

Last edited:
yes - they are ok on pre ban lowers...

ZM1-1.jpg

one hell of a nice shooter too. YHM is a good place to do business with.

re YHM. Verrrryyyyy interessttttiiiiinnnnnngggg! Had not idea that there was another mfgr in MA!! Showstagoya that asking a question can provide much more than a straight answer.

Sounds like it is NOT legal in MA to purchase a ZM gun with a folding stock.

Al Zitta (last I knew) owns the Harley Davidson dealership in Bernardston, MA. Yankee assumed full manufacturing just recently. Prior to that he farmed out and assembled at the Harley shop. On a pre-ban lower, the folder would be legal. Same if it were on a NFA lower which also gets you an 11.5 inch barrel. They are an excellent firearm. If you are interested, pay Al a visit. Buy a firearm or a Harley or both.The only time I had a problem was after running hundreds + of old Wolf laquer coat. After awhile the buildup was too much and she just quit. After a thorough cleaning and use of new poly coat Wolf, its back to running like a champ. Go ahead...gasp! that I use steel case Wolf in a precision firearm. My point is...its cheap and the Z digested it. If you have a chance to buy a Z-300, don't hesitate. Go for it.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom