Zero Tolerance Strikes again!

[cerberus];3234349 said:
I remember back in high school my friend brought his potato cannon (gun just doesn't do it justice) in for a science project.

I'm pretty sure these days that would incite a suspension and a public lashing.

[cerberus];3234349 said:
I remember back in high school my friend brought his potato cannon (gun just doesn't do it justice) in for a science project.

I built one in a science class in High School. got the ok from the teacher, principal even saw the test fire and thought it was cool. I think this was 1998/1999

heh, I remember in Industrial arts. a kid taking a 3 foot long PVC tube and launching a model rocket from it in the gneral direction of the grounds crew.. those were the days :)

[cerberus];3234349 said:
We used to toss Nerf footballs around in Jr. High and High School. In fact, it was the only ball that Mom allowed my sister and I to toss around inside the house! My Himalayan cat, "Pearl", loves the mini-Nerf balls. We spent many hours having fun, me tossing the little Nerf balls and the little fur-ball chasing them. Maybe the school bureaucrats should just lighten up and concentrate on education? Is that too much to ask?

So a physics class project - building trebuchet and firing [wink] [wink] [wink] pumpkins would be considered a weapon project?

Actually, it depends on the school.

In elementary school, my kids' teacher (IIRC 3rd grade) asked me to bring in a bow and arrow ("I figured you'd have one, out of all the parents," she told me [laugh]) prior to a Plimouth Plantation trip. I checked with the administration to make sure all was cool. The vice principal saw me leaving with the bow, and said, "I can't wait for the calls about this!" and laughed.

In Middle school, my kid made a pneumatic potato gun, and, with prior permission, brought it in.

Not all school administrators are a$$hats.

So a physics class project - building trebuchet and firing [wink] [wink] [wink] pumpkins would be considered a weapon project?
Well, if your kids are going to do that, they will be expelled from school anyway. Why not just go for broke. Build a homemade 60mm or 81mm mortar as a "science project" and fire it in the schoolyard. The police response and the criminal penalties will likely be the same.

God dammit. I'm not that old. I remember
1: classmate using a cap gun to shoot another classmate during a presentation on Al Capone
2: teaching fourth graders to build and launch rockets as part of an after school program
3: launching rockets as demo for class
4: explaining how to make black powder to my class
This was all between '95 and '02
What the righteous **** happened?!

heh, I remember in Industrial arts. a kid taking a 3 foot long PVC tube and launching a model rocket from it in the gneral direction of the grounds crew.. those were the days :)

I remember metal shop in 7th and 8th grade, we make all kinds of weapons, hash pipes, lead fishing sinkers, etc. (late 1970's)

ah the pussification of America continues

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom