• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yugo SKS Model 59

I'm becoming an SKS man. I don't know how it happened. I mostly blame Milsurps4me for exposing his collection. Now whenever I see even a photo of an SKS I automatically think, "I must possess it". They all look good to me, and they shoot just swell. Congratualtions on the purchase.

You may want to pick up a leather M59 sling from Numrich while they still have them because I don't think these come with one.

Edit note: One of mine came with an older AK style sling:

M59.jpg

Last edited:
That's a fine looking M59! The early Yugos are among the finest crafted SKS's, IMO.

Not many have the amber shade on the stock. Most are a deeper brown or reddish brown like M4M's.

Yes, the leather strap is a must.

m59_restore_2_004.jpg

Not many have the amber shade on the stock. Most are a deeper brown or reddish brown like M4M's.

That amber color you're seeing is most likely result of the dealer's photography and cleaning techniques because the one in my picture looked that shade when I saw it and ordered it. He (the dealer) wipes his rifles down for a general cleaning and bore check but doesn't get too involved in the process. Its only when you scrub the cosmolene out of the stock that the true grain and color of the Elm that Yugoslvia used for their rifle stocks comes out.

You may want to pick up a leather M59 sling from Numrich while they still have them because I don't think these come with one.

Edit note: One of mine came with an older AK style sling:

I went to Numrich web site and could not find the sling...not that there web site is the easiest to navigate...well for me anyway[laugh]...do you have a stock number Ray? if so could you pass it on.
Thanks

Update, I ordered a sling and cleaning kit etc from Numrichs today. I am such a happy guy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom