• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yugo SKS 59/66 Zastava arsenal Cherry's import ?

40 caliber

NES Member
I ran across this excellent grade (unissued?) Yugo today. It was at a shop and at a good price. it looks brand new. This is not the first time I have come across this condition/maker.

I have done some reading on the other board. It appears that Zastava arsenal still makes these (or did for quite a while) and some got into the country by mistake a few years ago. supposedly the BATF grandfathered some that got in. (i read it on the internet it must be true)

Is this an urban legend?
How do I tell if this is one of them or does it matter?
Is this still a C&R?
Do they have the same collector value as any other SKS?

I pinged SKS Ray with a PM but decided I couldn't wait and would just post it to see if anyone knew anything about them......Martin08?

Every SKS collection needs a Cherry's import!

CleanYugo1.jpg

cleanYugo.jpg

Yep. The Cherry's are absolutely new. There is no finish on the stocks from the factory. It's not unusual to see them priced at $500 or more. (LOVE that wood grain, Ray!)

... and I don't have one... YET!

How much are they asking, 40Cal?

Well they WERE well under $350 and there were two of them. Unfortunately my indecision yesterday (or this post) lead to me losing out. Imagine my face when i walked in and was told they BOTH sold when the place opened 10 minutes before I got there.

I was standing there yesterday with cash and CR license in my wallet WTF was I thinking?

Anyway , I won't hesitate next time...... and Martin, If I see two again under $300, I will surely pick one up for you!

Last edited:
Yeah, I feel your pain. When I found my Simson through the seller's other auction, if I had known the guy, I could have had a matching C. G. Haenel 1916 Gew98 for $450; it went on G-broker for $2225. At least I got to touch it; at the time it was only $505.

MS

Back
Top Bottom