• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your Dream Shooting Range/Club?

what amenities and conveniences would your dream shooting range have?

my idea: brass catchers built into the stalls that conveniently drop them down a shute into your range bag or bucket.

For facilities, I'm going to say that it's pretty much like Harvard Sportsmen's Club with the addition of a 1000 yard range and an indoor range like that at S&W in Springfield. That plus a cart girl (like golf) who drives around selling drinks and snacks.

I had a dream once...

minimum 300yd indoor complex

ventilated to the max with proper climate control

longhorn steakhouse in the lobby,

a gun shop that rivals anything you've ever seen.

a rental section which has it all even, even AR-50's

signs that say "rapid fire encouraged" everywhere

digital target tracks with movement options

premium elongated toilets with extra large stalls

half-nekkid women at the ammo counter, and walking around loading mags for free

and ... smoking allowed

I read about a place in texas that was a combination gun range/sports bar/strip club. I don't know what it was called, but if it isn't Heaven, it should be.

I had a dream once...

and ... smoking allowed

I'll have what he's having! [rofl]

The Ideal Range

The Ideal range would have the following.

1. RO at every station. They only speak to novice and gun renters.

2. Big Breasted women with tank tops. After finishing a mag in your AR15, they proceed to scrub your balls for you. Free of charge.

3. Next to the RO is a big butted beauty. After loading my mags, I can hit them gently on her fanny. Making sure their packed.

4. As I walk into the range, every employed women would bow to me and address me as "My Lord"

5. All employees wear gun oil has a cologne.

For facilities, I'm going to say that it's pretty much like Harvard Sportsmen's Club with the addition of a 1000 yard range and an indoor range like that at S&W in Springfield. That plus a cart girl (like golf) who drives around selling drinks and snacks.

pretty much this, with the addition of

-a pop up target range

-designated after-dark range to shoot with night optics / night vision.

[smile]

A few big things that I'd have would be a lateral moving target system that allows target(s) to run across the back of the pistol and/or rifle range -- the SEALs that we shared a range with on Dam Neck had that set-up and it's perfect to work on movers, which is something nobody really works on because most ranges aren't set up like that. It's not a cheap set up, but if you're talking about having the best and most versatile range, then it's worth it.

I think paper shooting is good, especially for beginners, but if you want to attract the best shooters, (who spend lots of money on ammo and gear in your pro-shop) get lots of steel targets, and/or just spend the money and get set-up with a Bill Roger's pneumatic target system, go to the bottom of this page to see what I'm talking about -- http://pistol-training.com/articles/school-review-rogers-shooting-school

I like the idea of an ammo vending machine, I saw that once in Virginia.

Finally, I think if it's going to attract all shooters then you need to have at least 300 yards of range outside to shoot, more is better, but that would be my minimum requirement. While you're at it, another good idea is to build in some pop-up targets at various distances on the outdoor range.

Good luck, let me know when you get it all set up![grin]

A cart girl (like golf) who drives around selling drinks and snacks.
-'Nothin wrong with a bevy of beauties for staff. [wink] -
Ammo vending machines.
A 1000 yard range with barrret .50's available for rent
Ventilated to the max with proper climate control.
Longhorn steakhouse in the lobby.
A gun shop that rivals anything you've ever seen.
A pop up target range.
Designated after-dark range to shoot with night optics / night vision.
A lateral moving target system that allows target(s) to run across the back of the pistol and/or rifle range

The only things I'd add are a designated area for suppressors so I can talk to friends while shooting.

Target cameras (Better than spotting scopes. [smile])

A walk in humidor.

A cleaning service; take the day shooting, then enjoy a steak & a good cigar and pick up freshly cleaned firearms to go home with. [smile]

Special mention:
<snip>
get set-up with a Bill Roger's pneumatic target system, go to the bottom of this page to see what I'm talking about -- http://pistol-training.com/articles/school-review-rogers-shooting-school
<snip>

To which I say... [shocked] [bow] Damm, I've got to find the money to get there some day. [grin]

I already have my dream club: Harvard Sportsmen's. With the exception of a 1000-yard range (which TBH I wouldn't use anyway) it has everything I want, including terrific people.

Ok, how many of you watched this video and pretended like you had your pistol in your hand and shot the targets before they dropped? [smile]

The video clips are great. It looks easy on video, or they make it look easy, but that video footage is deceptive.

Those steel plates move fast, much faster then anything I had ever experienced beforehand. It's all controlled by a computer and there's no pattern, rhyme, or reason; they just start popping up and you either get ate up, or shoot fast and accurate enough to smash steel.

It is the best handgun training you can get. A lot of Bill's drills are done one-handed, strong and weak hand. Very humbling school, many top shooters don't get passing certificates.

It's not a show up, pay your money and graduate school, that's for sure....

How about an area for shooting at 'reactive targets', an area for competitive shooting scenarios, etc. rather than just straight line alleys for popping off at paper targets?

I can dream can't I.

"If you build it, they will come."

I had a dream once...

and ... smoking allowed

I had a dream once...

and ... smoking allowed

.. Thats a tear in my eye.. I hit the megga millions for 100+million and I'll build the place with a Gold placard mentioning this post... sigh

Back
Top Bottom