• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

You want to see a turtle?

I had a smaller version in my back yard a few weeks ago, the dogs were going ballistic

Yep. See big ones like that regularly. They are pretty cool. Saw 2 of them SLEEPING underwater last year. So strange. One of them lays eggs in my neighbor's garden. Same spot every year.

Plus my wife is on the Diamondback Terapin project in SE mASS. Trap, tag, release. She's the master trapper. Scoops em with a net from her kayak. Because turtles are smart - if they get caught in a trap once, they won't ever go in one again. It's only her swift net skills that give them already-tagged turtles to examine.

I had a smaller version in my back yard a few weeks ago, the dogs were going ballistic

I was out walking the dog, with my then 10-year-old son, and we found a small turtle. Dog spent 20 minutes barking at it, explaining that HE was the dominant life form, while the turtle....turtled up.

This was a excellent learning opportunity for the kid: I explained that turtles pre-dated the dinosaurs, and were still here. That's a successful animal.

Of course, those big-azz snappers are just too prehistoric. Nuke 'em! [laugh]

Someone has got to photoshop Hillary's face on that monster...

1588124972090.png
1588125044942.png
The Original Snappa'

Back
Top Bottom