yet more ar15 choice help

Ok, here's the deal. I am new to this realm of guns so I appreciate all your help. Can anybody provide a list of who does and doesn't use m4 feed ramps? It seems that is the way to go. Thanks again guys.

as a recent newbie, the reading I did.....by the way that spreadsheet is better than the late night google sessions!!!!. I came to the conclusion M4 ramps are not really needed on semi auto AR15s.
They seem to be more for full auto versions. A friend compared them to ported choke tubes. With out some huge testing will YOU really know the difference?
I would focus more on end use, customer support and best value for your budget.

As with all firearms even low budget arms can function well and for a long time with proper care and feeding

Last edited:
Exactly. M4 feedramps are not necessary on semi-auto AR's, but a lot of people have gotten into the craze over them, and "need" them on every AR they own. lol

I agree that it is one of those things that debatable, but since there are no known drawbacks to having them why seek out an upper without them?

There's a possible drawback in that if you need a barrel replacement fast (think SHTF) and you can only get standard M16A2 barrels, you're screwed.

I agree that it is one of those things that debatable, but since there are no known drawbacks to having them why seek out an upper without them?

I don't think someone would "seek" an upper without M4 feedramps, but simply come across an upper that is a good deal and it lacks M4 feedramps.

Basically what I did with one of my uppers, a middy A4 upper for a super cheap deal, but didn't have the M4 feedramps.. And dispite the fact I have fallen in love with the look of the feedramps, I bought that upper and have had no probs. lol

Back
Top Bottom