• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yesterday at Centrallville in Dracut...

Wasn't there but was wondering how you like that club? I am thinking of joining a club next year and that's on my list to look at. I did my NRA cert shooting there,.

it's meh. prices are good and indoor pistol range is small but nice. there's only one 100yd. outdoor range so if you want to shoot pistols you have to stand downrange to do it. there are some tables set up so you can lay out your gear or shoot rifles from them, but I don't like the fact that there are shooters with rifles behind me. the way it's set up is that the first one there basically "owns" the range, so I can see how it would suck if you wanted to shoot your Mosin but there are two knuckleheads shooting pistols and they were there first. obviously you share the range as best you can, but if I'm shooting pistols in front of the berm, I gotta walk back behind the firing line, let the rifles shoot, then walk back downrange to shoot again. not ideal.

i heard that the club is very trap oriented. they don't allow outdoor range shooting when there is trap shooting going on, but that hasn't impacted me. I also heard that a lot of the club is hunters who really only get the rust off prior to hunting season, so there's not a lot of demand to get the plinking range up and running (which has apparently been under construction for a while.)

If you only want to shoot pistols indoors (and even then it's 25 yards - no short shooting allowed) it's ok. If you want to shoot rifles, it's hit or miss whether or not you have to wait or hope those there before you hook you up. there is also an archery range as well as two stocked ponds for fishing, so even though I haven't used either, it's a bonus.

i know they were approaching 700 members, and that's the cap, so if you want to join you gotta hurry. if you want, I can show you around sometime. the guys I've met there are great, but frankly it just lacks the ranges of other clubs.

You can shoot the outdoor range when trap is going on, you just have to wait till in between trap rounds to go down range and hang your targets and obviously have to shoot back at 100, once trap resumes. Agree on the issue of first person dictating the distance to shoot, kinda sucks, but I always go prepared to shoot either. This should be solved when the 25 yard outdoor pistol range opens (next year I believe)

Anyone know if they are going to open membership back up in April? This is really close to my house. I have a backup place if I need to..

Been a member for several years and i will say that the club is just alright, and I have met some nice people there. Under the current leadership it has turned from a true sportsmen's club to more of a community type model with a strong emphasis of looking good in the community - it is a bit of a FUDD club. A board member stated at a recent meeting that the club is gravitating away from the "Gun Club" persona - if this is true I find it very unfortunate. They have made some recent improvements to the outdoor range which is great - finally completing the smaller outdoor range. Indoor range is nice also and the dues are reasonable. The gentlemen, Bob, that lives on site and takes care of the place does a really nice job - clubhouse and grounds are well cared for.

I have been thinking of joining a secondary place more oriented towards firearms and shooting with less of a focus on the clubs reputation in the community.

Last edited:
I live a mile from Centralville, a mile from Methuen R&G and 2mi from Pelham.....I belong to Pelham. More $/yr but much more to offer.

I live a mile from Centralville, a mile from Methuen R&G and 2mi from Pelham.....I belong to Pelham. More $/yr but much more to offer.

I shoot at pelham with a friend quite regularly. Sighted muzzleloader on utility range last weekend. I keep putting off joining pelham. Pelham is probably the nicest place around.

Ever been to Hudson nh fish and game

Back
Top Bottom