X95 Tavor is coming.

I bought a Tavor at the end of last year. I find the controls to be extremely intuitive. However, I have never been much of a fan of the AR and have spent very little time handling one. So I guess I don't really have any habits to change or break. Probably makes it a bit easier.

yes its not drastic. just usually a bunch of old grumps who dont like change. lol

yes its not drastic. just usually a bunch of old grumps who dont like change. lol
hey you had one and sold it, if my old Brain remembers correctly you said you didn't care for it...[smile]
I like new stuff just find it ackward to Me but i'll just use yours when u get one

Last edited:
hey you had one and sold it, if my old Brain remembers correctly you said you didn't care for it...[smile]
I like new stuff just find it ackward to Me but i'll just use yours when u get one

Yeah I did, your old brain is a little off. I loved it but at the time there was no aftermarket parts or even factory parts i dont like guns I cant get parts for. but man how the market has changed for the better.

How much $$$$ are we talking for this new one ($2K?) And an obvious newbie question - will there be a MA compliant version?

Street price should drop to $1600 like the Tavor eventually. I'm holding out for a Galil Ace. It takes a while to save up this kind of money. :)

want one and will get one when price levels off, patients is the key.

Yeah when the tavor first hit the market guys were paying over $3000+ for them. Couple months later they were like $1800

X95 is on the scene , now to wait for the price to drop, found one for 1850 not including having the comp pinned ? I get the pinned I guess but not welded , welding which in my head doesn't need to be done , transfer fees and such.

Might not wait [wink]

People said the same thing about the Tavor SAR when it came out, but these X-95 reviewers are probably using OEM trigger packs and triggers and not using a lead sled for consistency.

Actually the reviewer in question is also one of those who was a big proponent of the Tavor. He is well aware of the trigger issues with bullpups.

why would you want a Magazine that is so far back and not easily able to do a quick reload? catch
on clothing , pinch Fat people Etc?....Waiting JOSH..LOL

If I get one I'm only going to use it when I wear one of these. Of course I'm a little fatter than the model so it won't be nearly as sexy. But hey, we're after function not looks right....

http://skinzwear.com/product_detail...en-in-Gloss-Black-Superstretch-Vinyl-by-Skinz

Mens-Gloss-Black-Vinyl-Bodysuit-Zentai-Catsuit-S-and-M-Costume-C1FZ-5807-F.jpg

Actually the reviewer in question is also one of those who was a big proponent of the Tavor. He is well aware of the trigger issues with bullpups.
If it was MAC, he states a couple times in his accuracy video review that he's using factory parts only in his X-95. He still is a big fan of the Tavor SAR though.

I wouldn't expect match quality out of a stock civilian military rifle without switching in aftermarket parts. Tavors don't have a lot of aftermarket options though for both models. Swapping out the trigger pack and trigger helps a lot.

I do agree that the weird inconsistent X-95 accuracy is undesirable. Glad I stuck with my Tavor SAR and didn't jump on the X-95 bandwagon like a lot other SAR owners I know.

If it was MAC, he states a couple times in his accuracy video review that he's using factory parts only in his X-95. He still is a big fan of the Tavor SAR though.

I wouldn't expect match quality out of a stock civilian military rifle without switching in aftermarket parts. Tavors don't have a lot of aftermarket options though for both models. Swapping out the trigger pack and trigger helps a lot.

I do agree that the weird inconsistent X-95 accuracy is undesirable. Glad I stuck with my Tavor SAR and didn't jump on the X-95 bandwagon like a lot other SAR owners I know.

It was Mac. He was getting ~2 MOA out of his Tavor when it was bone stock. Accuracy of the stock X95 was all over the place for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was Mac. He was getting ~2 MOA out of his Tavor when it was bone stock. Accuracy of the stock X95 was all over the place for him.

He just posted a video to Full30.com of him banging away at a steel silhouette at 200 yards... https://www.full30.com/video/80603f7be237f1c7fffb53a6180f553d

and was pretty active in the comments...

I consider "practical accuracy" to be what the rifleman is capable of with his weapon when it's configured for field use and being fired under field conditions. I don't care what a rifle is capable of fired from a lead sled with a string tied to a trigger using match ammo. That's not how I will use it. I take my X95 out configured as how I would use it for defensive purposes and see how it fares using my preferred ammunition - Wolf Gold.

I don't understand the fixation on 1 MOA any more than I understand the concept that all rifles must be competitively priced. Price has nothing to do with it for me when considering a weapon, I'm more interested in features and what the weapon brings to the table. Then I worry about how I plan to pay for it. If I made every purchase based on the absolute lowest price I would have a collection of Hi-Points and WASR-10's.

The people in the know are the militaries of the world. Most all, if not all, NATO nations say 3 MOA is what's expected of a service rifle. My X95 meets or exceeds that requirement with M193 ball. I'm leaving heavily towards adopting it as my regular use rifle over my Tavor at this point.

Few modern fighting rifles are capable of consistent 1 MOA accuracy. The SCAR 16S isn't. The AK isn't. The ARX100 isn't. The ACR isn't. The G36 isn't. Where this "it has to be a sniper rifle to be a practical fighting rifle" notion came from I'm not sure. I even demonstrated a regular old Colt M4 using M193 isn't even close to being 1 MOA either. DMR's and sniper rifles are usually expected to be in the 1 MOA range. I can't think of a single military rifle in common use by a NATO nation, or otherwise, that's capable of 1 MOA accuracy consistently. I'm not talking about 1 group in 20 fired that eeks out 1 MOA, I'm talking about a true 1 MOA rifle that can consistently shoot 5 to 10 shot groups and keep it under 1" at 100 yards. I just can't think of one. Is it wrong to expect such accuracy out of a fighting rifle? By today's standards, I would say yes -- it is.

For me personally, I'm sticking with my Tavor SAR as I prefer its ergonomics and its tighter accuracy over the X-95's functional benefits (integral rails, changeable pistol grip, slimmer stock and more compact feel).

Last edited by a moderator:
for me the X95 is a solution for no problem. i agree w above the standard tavor design is awesome. i also prefer the AK style mag release on the tavor. IMO the X95 is trying to appeal to AR-15 fans. even the grip angle is more like an AR-15. i say meh. the X95 is cool, but i would take a tavor over it any day.

my experience has been that the tavor likes heavier bullets, especially 77gr. if i recall the twist is 1:7, so i have suspected that it imparts too much spin on a 55gr projectile. i still mostly shoot XM193 mostly due to cost. however if i could i would go w heavier.

for me the X95 is a solution for no problem. i agree w above the standard tavor design is awesome. i also prefer the AK style mag release on the tavor. IMO the X95 is trying to appeal to AR-15 fans. even the grip angle is more like an AR-15. i say meh. the X95 is cool, but i would take a tavor over it any day.

The grip angle to me looks like a 1911, not much angle at all, looks alot less of an angle than the standard AR grip.

I was considering the 95 until I saw how inconsistent it's accuracy is, it's also much more tacticool looking than the tavor in my opinion.

X95 owners in MA, what's the deal with removing the barrel if there's a fixed muzzle device installed? Could the rifle still be broken down to swap in a 300BLK conversion barrel?

X95 owners in MA, what's the deal with removing the barrel if there's a fixed muzzle device installed? Could the rifle still be broken down to swap in a 300BLK conversion barrel?

I don't know if it is a problem, but you can always pin on a thread protector to make it really a non-issue.

I don't know if it is a problem, but you can always pin on a thread protector to make it really a non-issue.

That was a thought. Also, some have mentioned removal of the "barrel ring" resulting in improved accuracy. I'm thinking there might be clearance for a muzzle device if that were removed.

That was a thought. Also, some have mentioned removal of the "barrel ring" resulting in improved accuracy. I'm thinking there might be clearance for a muzzle device if that were removed.

That was tested and resulted in no improvement.

Back
Top Bottom