WTK: AP bullets ok in MA and MD?

Hi:

New to the board, first post. Going through the forum it seems like a really nice group, many backgrounds and lots of good info.

I have one question that I couldn't quite seem to find the answer to. Here's the scenario: I have a bunch of M61 (.30) projectiles for sale (I'm in WI) and I've had two inquiries from gentlemen in MA. Neither I, or these gentlemen, seem to really know for sure whether or not the AP is legal to posses there, or if it can be shipped there. To be clear, these are just the projectiles, not loaded ammunition.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Same question for MD if anyone happens to know...

Thanks!

Last edited:
There is no MA law that I know of that says anything at all about AP ammo or components.

(They are against the rules at most gun clubs around here, but those are club rules not laws.)

Wow, you guys are fast! I just want to be able to help these guys out. There are plenty of buyers available for such items so selling them is not an issue, I just don't want to deny these guys unnecessarily. I found so many items online that say they can't be sent to MA I guess it wouldn't have surprised me that this would be one of them. Above all, I don't want to violate any laws by sending to them, or have them unknowingly be in violation. I'm not a retailer or dealer or anything like that, just a guy. Thanks for the info provided so far.

projectiles and loaded ammo is ok to ship here, ball/ap/api even are all fine believe it or not.

Many individuals who refuse to sell to MA residents are just ignorant and parroting what they see many retailers doing.

The only restriction for ammo in Mass is having a license. As long as you have a license you can have whatever ammo type you want. We do have a limit on storage, but that requires a permit issued by the Fire Chief.

That's great info guys, I'm definitely bookmarking this site! I've had this question on two other boards for three days with zero replies. I've been perusing the rest of the site while waiting for replies...really great stuff. You guys run a very informative and tidy board.

This may be a little outside the NES geography but how about same inquiry as above for MD? There just seems to be so much knowledge up here I thought I'd give it a shot...

Thanks!

This may be a little outside the NES geography but how about same inquiry as above for MD? There just seems to be so much knowledge up here I thought I'd give it a shot...

Thanks!

I don't know the MD laws, and we don't get many users from MD on here.

Back
Top Bottom