• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTB: 1903 with WWI Receiver and WWII Barrel

aLuckyFourteen

NES Member
I posted this in the WTB classifieds, but thought I’d put it here as well.

Hello. I’m looking to buy an M1903 service rifle where the receiver was made pre-WWI and was rebuilt with a WWII-era barrel. I was originally looking for a “high-number” receiver, but after more research, I’m open to “low-number” receivers as well. Rebuild cartouches on the stock are all the better. Even though I know there’s no way to know for certain, I’m looking for one that may have seen time in both wars and I’m more interested in rifles that have gone through rebuilds more than ones that are completely original. I want to shoot this thing. Do you have one you’re interested in selling?

Thanks!
Adam

Last edited:
I posted this in the WTB classifieds, but thought I’d put it here as well.

Hello. I’m looking to buy an M1903 service rifle where the receiver was made pre-WWI and was rebuilt with a WWII-era barrel. I was originally looking for a “high-number” receiver, but after more research, I’m open to “low-number” receivers as well. Rebuild cartouches on the stock are all the better. Even though I know there’s no way to know for certain, I’m looking for one that may have seen time in both wars and I’m more interested in rifles that have gone through rebuilds more than ones that are completely original. I want to shoot this thing. Do you have one you’re interested in selling?

Thanks!
Adam
can i ask why gou need a WWII barrel?

can i ask why gou need a WWII barrel?

So whats to say a 1903 with original barrel did not see both wars and some in between.
op do you want 1903 sights or 1903a3
If your looking for a shooter maybe to play in cmp games
consider looking for one of these
US Armament - M1903 Springfield Rifle

I just find rifles that went through rebuilds with markings / cartouches interesting. There’s of course no way to know if a rifle was ever issued or where it ended up, that I understand.

I just find rifles that went through rebuilds with markings / cartouches interesting. There’s of course no way to know if a rifle was ever issued or where it ended up, that I understand.
Cool , are you planing to shoot cmp matches. Even if your just shooting for fun the C stock works much better.
I must have been under a rock for to long. Poking around at 1903s they sure took a leap in price.

Cool , are you planing to shoot cmp matches. Even if your just shooting for fun the C stock works much better.
I must have been under a rock for to long. Poking around at 1903s they sure took a leap in price.

They definitely have shot up (pun absolutely intended) in price over the past few years. I’ve been trying to collect one of each service rifle from post-Civil War up to Vietnam. Right now I need a 1903 and a Krag. I could just go with a full WWII-era 1903 or 1903A3 but been trying to find receivers chronologically around the time the rifle was introduced (give or take a some years). My M1917 was made mid-1918, has original barrel but an interesting rebuild cartouche on the stock which gives it an interesting story IMO. I don’t necessarily care if my rifles have all matching parts.

I don’t think I’ll ever shoot CMP matches (at least not in the plans right now).

Thanks for the reply.

I have both a Smith Corona 03A3 and 1899 Krag available; fully accessorized. They are going to NH Friday to be consigned.

t

They definitely have shot up (pun absolutely intended) in price over the past few years. I’ve been trying to collect one of each service rifle from post-Civil War up to Vietnam. Right now I need a 1903 and a Krag. I could just go with a full WWII-era 1903 or 1903A3 but been trying to find receivers chronologically around the time the rifle was introduced (give or take a some years). My M1917 was made mid-1918, has original barrel but an interesting rebuild cartouche on the stock which gives it an interesting story IMO. I don’t necessarily care if my rifles have all matching parts.

I don’t think I’ll ever shoot CMP matches (at least not in the plans right now).

Thanks for the reply.
i was trying the same thing, led into WWII era service rifles from all countries. That was 15 years ago . Cost of living has out paced my income significantly to the point i cant really buy. i bought a few items recently after selling off alot of stuff.
Good luck and looking forward to a range report

i was trying the same thing, led into WWII era service rifles from all countries. That was 15 years ago . Cost of living has out paced my income significantly to the point i cant really buy. i bought a few items recently after selling off alot of stuff.
Good luck and looking forward to a range report

Yea, I came close to going down that path as I nearly bought a Mosin but then got myself back on track. Once I accomplish this first goal, I can very easily see me going down your path. Prices have gotten a little silly recently but these gals aren’t getting any younger. Will send a range report once I find one.

Yesterday took a buddy and my 1892 Trapdoor, M1917, M1 Garand, and M1 Carbine out for a spin on the range. ‘Twas a good day.

Cheers,
Adam

Back
Top Bottom