• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WST in 9mm

jar

I've seen a bunch of people online recommend WST for 9mm and 45ACP. I picked up a lb today to get started reloading. Now I can't find any data for 9mm. My searches have turned up plenty of people using it but I can't find data. Hodgdon doesn't give 9mm data for WST.

Does anyone here load WST in 9mm? I've got 124gr JHP and 147 CMJ bullets. I'd like a load for both. I'm looking to just make power factor for IDPA, so about 1025-1050fps with 124 and 860-890 with 147.

Loads for 45ACP with 230gr JHP at around 165PF appreciated too, but I can work those up from the Hodgdon's data.

If you find anything, please post it. I have WST and currently use it for .45 ACP loads, but haven't found much data for 9mm. Closest I got awhile ago was some guys post on another board where he had some wuss loads, but it'd be useful to know what the max is.

-Mike

Did I miss something here? Isn't WST a Winchester powder? I wouldn't expect Hodgdon to have much data on it. I've only used WST in 45acp loads with very good success by copying the load of a fellow shooter. You might want to try 4.55 gr WST with a 230gr FMJ bullet seated to an oal of 1.265 (thanks Scott). That should chrono at about a 166 PF.

-Cuz.

Winchester powders are sold by Hodgdon these days. Thanks for the link clerk. I looked at Brian's forums, but I didn't go back that far.

Back
Top Bottom