WPD delays in LTC appointments

Has any one else encountered WPD appointments being over 7 months out?

Student of mine contacted me and informed me of this. I can see a month maybe but 7??

I was just curious because 1 person told me a bit ago that Worcester would not accept certs from classes other than Worcester. Thanks for the reply.

Has any one else encountered WPD appointments being over 7 months out?

Student of mine contacted me and informed me of this. I can see a month maybe but 7??

Wow. I thought Comm2a had sued Chief Gemme into oblivion about this. I got mine there years ago, and yup 6 months. Wife actually made the appointment for us first. She was given a date 6 months later. 3 months later, just for kicks, I called to see if we could get a quicker appointment, (maybe someone cancelled) and again was given a date 6 months out.

Sad part is that when you actually go in for that appointment, there is no one else their for their appointment and 6 cops sitting at desks doing God knows what. Quick and easy process. Just complete bullshit to make anyone wait 6 months.

Renewals on the other hand are practically next day. Everyone I know in Worcester has always gotten unrestricted.

But I bet if a Comm2A guy sees this, he'll want to know about it. Gemme has been sued repeatedly about this from what I hear.

The thing with Gemme is he is a douchebag but most of the obstructionism at WPD is up front. If you are a pain in the ass to them you will get what you want, which differs from a lot of other red towns.

If you go in knowing that they intend to try to frustrate you into not getting your license, then it becomes much easier to work them over. Start causing "problems." Get in touch with your local rep or senator, amongst other things.

-Mike

Student has been informed. Thanks folks for the replies. I have also emailed GOAL to let them know although they probably already know.

I find it disgusting to tell a citizen they have to wait 7 months for something that should take 30 mins or less to handle. Especially if as mentioned from someone else they have 6 officers working these things.

I have to renew in Worcester in April... any idea how early I have to start the process? If it is 7 months, I need to start soon.
I don't have to retake the safety course, do I?

Comm2A would love to bring an action against a police department for 'slow-walking' applications, but it's really tough to do. We tried that in Rehoboth a few years ago and while they cleaned up their process, we weren't able to obtain a decision.

First, you need an applicant who faces a long wait AND is willing go on the record. We had eight possible plaintiffs in Rehoboth. All but one bailed on us and the last one almost did. Even if we were to get someone to step up, we'd have to get over the standing issues. The first thing the PD does when they get wind of the suit is issue licenses to the people involved and seek to dismiss the case as moot. If the courts treated the Second Amendment like an actually right, that wouldn't be allowed, but the courts don't and will grab hold of the most marginal justifications for dismissing Second Amendment cases.

For most people the best bet is to complain to the chief, selectmen, mayor, and legislators.

When the hell did that happen? Looks like back in May. Show's you how much I pay attention. Cannot believe new douchebag is continuing the policy.

In a few of these big dump city red towns the policy is "institutional" more than the artifact of one particular person. It's why places like Brookline, Watertown, etc, have had maybe 2 or 3 different chiefs but each one has still been varying levels of shit... because the orders to be shitty to gun owners come from "upstairs". Or "we've always done it this way nobody ever told us to do different" etc. Once in a blue moon inroads can be made with the departments in the latter category but the legacy malaise problem in this respect is rare. (for example, there may have been a few PDs around that didn't consider the restriction box a restriction but rather a reason for issuance, despite the fact that the law clearly changed. )

-Mike

The thing with Gemme is he is a douchebag but most of the obstructionism at WPD is up front. If you are a pain in the ass to them you will get what you want, which differs from a lot of other red towns.

If you go in knowing that they intend to try to frustrate you into not getting your license, then it becomes much easier to work them over. Start causing "problems." Get in touch with your local rep or senator, amongst other things.

-Mike

Gemme retired. Gone for months now. Worcester was never a one month wait but like four months.

My wife had to do this in Chicopee. She had answers in 2 days and her LTC within a week.

Chicopee? Everyone I know in the last 3/4 years has gotten an apt either the week they called out the week after. All given Unrestricted. Heck they even do interviews on Sunday and let you pick your LTC up on Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom