• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Would you trade a ...

I won the Govenor last year and haven't shot it yet, I'm still on the fence, it seems to me like a novelty gun.

well...... i walked into northshore firearms in middleton yesterday. not expecting to buy anything... and what happens to be sitting there right when i walk in. the governor. i said to myself. buy it. before you lose out on this one. ended up grabbing it. $679.00 + tan and some extra ammo. ended up paying around 800 when i left. but the thing is sick! cant wait to use it at the range tonight. :)

When it comes to asking if you should get a revolver:

1. don't ask anyone under 40. They're the ones who would never own an old tech handgun and would only buy plastic wonder nines.

I don't hate revolvers by any stretch but a revolver chambered in .410 would be DEAD LAST on my list of wheel guns to purchase, or it would be pretty close to it.

If someone walks up to me and says "Here's $600 you MUST use it to buy a revolver with." The last thing I'm going to come back with after dropping that cash is a Judge or a Governor. [laugh]

The only way I would ever keep one of those is if it was a family heirloom or something like that.. otherwise if one falls into my lap.... POOF sold.... I'd much rather see the SW640 I used to have or the 686-5 I had that was all slicked up.

-Mike

Both concepts (shotgun ammo shooting revolver, handgun cal shooting carbine) don't make any sense to me. I wouldn't own either.

I'm not understanding why you can't use it? It is a "pistol caliber" carbine, so therefore it is the same as any 9mm handgun other than having a better sight radius and accuracy. I use my Sub2k all the time in the winter on the indoor range at my club. They just frown "centerfire" rifles for obvious reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
I'm not understanding why you can't use it? It is a "pistol caliber" carbine, so therefore it is the same as any 9mm handgun other than having a better sight radius and accuracy. I use my Sub2k all the time in the winter on the indoor range at my club. They just frown "centerfire" rifles for obvious reasons.

- - - Updated - - -
It's because the rules state "No other rifle may be fired except any .22 or .17 caliber rim fire."

Also not sure how they feel about shotgun shells fired out of a revolver. The rules aren't clear.

It's because the rules state "No other rifle may be fired except any .22 or .17 caliber rim fire."

Also not sure how they feel about shotgun shells fired out of a revolver. The rules aren't clear.
It might be worth trying to get the rules amended to either include pistol caliber carbines and situations like this with shot shells fired from a handgun, or at least clarify the definitions. As I said, from a practical standpoint there is no reason to exclude a pistol caliber carbine since they would actually cause LESS damage to an indoor range because of increased accuracy, which means you are less likely to damage ceilings, sidewalls, baffles, etc. than with handguns where people are trying to draw and rapid fire leading to a lot of "off target" strikes.

Back
Top Bottom