• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Would you trade a ...

I'm not in a pissing contest with ya, you like it and I'm good with that.
It may have a place in defense, I just don't think "price-wise" it is a fair trade.
~Matt

and i'm not in a pissing contest with you either, just a conversation, I don't know much about the storm he is swapping it with. All I am saying is that IMO the govenor is a badass gun

my guns so far: glock g19, sig p232, marlin .30 odd .30, s&w m&p ar15 .22 , sig mosquito , cx4 storm. so the cx4 storm is just for fun. and like i said, since i have not gotten a chance to even shoot it. i am sick of looking at it and actually wanted a "novelty" gun for fun.

It's 6 rounds, the Judge is 5, and the OP stated he wanted a revolver.

If he wants a .45 (either size) or a .410 with 00 buck in it, it's a formidable SD gun. A .410 with 00 will send 3 .40 cal balls out at about 900 fps. At normal SD ranges wold you want to be hit with 3 .40 cal rounds, traveling at .45acp speeds, simultaneously, all within about a 3-6 " grouping?

The gun is not a competition class shooter , nor are most over the counter bought guns, but will perform very well with either .45 round, at least as well as any normal revolver with a 4 inch barrel.

Hickock45 tests the Judge on youtube. Look at that then realize that the Governor is even better.

I'm not up on the thing he wants to trade so I can't advise him on the equity of the trade, but the OP could do a lot worse than getting a Governor.

Yeah, and because.....................[smile]

my guns so far: glock g19, sig p232, marlin .30 odd .30, s&w m&p ar15 .22 , sig mosquito , cx4 storm. so the cx4 storm is just for fun. and like i said, since i have not gotten a chance to even shoot it. i am sick of looking at it and actually wanted a "novelty" gun for fun.

Just out of curiosity, have you talked to the folks that run the range?
Since the CX4 Storm shoots pistol ammo, would they allow you to shoot it?
Doesn't hurt to ask...

You havent shot it yet? I would shoot it before trading it away. You can come with me to my club and we will break that bad boy in proper :)
My vote is keep the beretta carbine because it has high cap mags and that makes moonbats cry

The Governor is the same thing as the Taurus Judge. Same concept and almost same design. Gun Test and other gun testing sites ripped the crap out of th Judge as a revolver that was built without a need. You can shoot 45lc out of it, but they stated that because the round is short in the cylinder it actually slams into the cone and is unstable when it comes out of the bbl. Hence the inaccuracy comments.

Is it cool? Yep. Is it worth the price? Only you can say that. Seems like a waste though. I'd keep the Storm.

^This! I've shot mine at pistol-only ranges. RO had no problem once he knew what it was.

9mm ammo shot through a 16in barrel has nearly the same energy as a .357 mag. Most clubs that don't allow bigger than 22 rifle won't allow 9mm or 40 to be shot through a rifle. They are worried about damaging their backstop. I had the same problem with my 995 at several ranges. I'm sure there are some exceptions out there but...

months later and i still have not firing this storm. wtf?!?
Every time I get a new gun in my collection, if I don't shoot that thing within 24 hours, I turn into an exponentially bigger ******* each day that goes by until someone (usually my wife) demands that I go to the range and shoot.

Also, I think you should hand that Storm over to me since you aren't using it. I'll give you $75 cash money.

Every time I get a new gun in my collection, if I don't shoot that thing within 24 hours, I turn into an exponentially bigger ******* each day that goes by until someone (usually my wife) demands that I go to the range and shoot.

Tell me about it... I got my 92FS on dec 8th and finally got to shoot it on Memorial Day!!!

If you don't have any other shoulder fired weapons keep the Storm, pistol caliber carbine or not and worth more than the Governor. In the strange and perilous times we live in I'll take the stability of a shoulder fired platform over any handgun and the few extra fps you should get out of your carbine gives you a little more edge. The Governor takes multiple calibers which could be an advantage but it strikes me as an awkward CCW gun.

If you have another rifle especially in a real rifle caliber do what you want but iI'd never trade the sleek lines of my Beretta for an ungainly and awkward looking Governor, a solution to a non-existent problem IMO. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the problem... is that ammo available? Much easier to find 9mm than a "niche ammo". And where do you find components to reload that shell if supply dries up for an extended period of time, making it a paper weight? ...

Just for argument's sake, .410 shotgun ammo is one of the few things you will be most likely to find at a Walmart or even regular gun shop.

Beretta Storm takes several diff mags ( if I remember correctly), but have some breakdown issues. Govenator is designed to shoot 3 calibers, so does not shoot good any of them.

i had fun shooting the governor and thought at 15 feet it was quiet accurate

- - - Updated - - -

anyone wanna threw me a offer, i am thinking of selling the cx4 storm. i dont wanna put it for sale on the classifies just yet. but if someone offers the right #. i mit change my mind.

When it comes to asking if you should get a revolver:

1. don't ask anyone under 40. They're the ones who would never own an old tech handgun and would only buy plastic wonder nines.

2. never ask any one who has never seen, held or shot one as they have no basis for their answers.

When it comes to a Governor, refer to numbers one and 2 above.

That's the problem... is that ammo available? Much easier to find 9mm than a "niche ammo". And where do you find components to reload that shell if supply dries up for an extended period of time, making it a paper weight?
I think if he wants a Judge or a Governor he should get one, but in a fair trade he should be expecting some cash along with the pistol.
~Matt

.410 ammo is EVERYWHERE in RI, because only a few of us have .410 shotguns. Every time I have wanted ammo for it, it has been available, even when everything else was sold out.

...and EDIT: NO, I would (NOT) make the trade, a .410 revolver is on my bucket list to match my Remington 870 Express .410 pump... best pheasant gun I've ever shot; keep the Storm and buy a Governor AND a .410 long gun to match.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom