• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Would this bottle opener make you a felon?

NES Member
Let me just start off by saying I have no intention of buying this. I'm probably on some list now for just going to the site and taking a screenshot 😉. But my question is would this be legal? It really is just a bottle opener unless you manufacture the pattern that is printed on it. Or do you think this would be treated like solvent traps. With a knock on the door by the ATF
Screenshot_20210119-093542.png

The atf treats an oil can and a threaded adaptor as a suppressor they'd probably jack you up for one of those too

The atf treats an oil can and a threaded adaptor as a suppressor they'd probably jack you up for one of those too
I can see that, Not that I agree. But with an oil filter and thread adapter. They Can say there was intent to manufacture a suppressor. With this it really is just a badass bottle opener. Too pricey for a novelty bottle opener though.

Since you can't dimple an AR-15 receiver to show where the full auto pin would go, and you can't double inject a P80 so your customers just have to cut out the plastic of a certain color, no these aren't going to stay legal in the ATF's eyes.

I can see that, Not that I agree. But with an oil filter and thread adapter. They Can say there was intent to manufacture a suppressor. With this it really is just a badass bottle opener. Too pricey for a novelty bottle opener though.
The also jacked people up over those "key rings" that were i think full auto sears right?

If you legitimately need a bottle opener... you should buy it.

Looks useful...

Group Buy LOL

It seems dumb to me that this would go against ATF. It's some lines that are etched on a piece of aluminum. I could see if they were fully perforated and you just had to pop them out, but you'd still need some work to turn these in to something.

My buddy bought one drunk one night. Doesn't even own a gun.

So far he and his dogs are alive but when the ATF moves on the seller he better hope the seller destroyed records. IIRC wall hangers were for sale for a while, then the ATF grabbed him and all his records. No idea if they started rounding up owners though.

How is this any different than a paper stencil in terms of legality? Or a t-shirt with g code printed on it?

My buddy bought one drunk one night. Doesn't even own a gun.

So far he and his dogs are alive but when the ATF moves on the seller he better hope the seller destroyed records. IIRC wall hangers were for sale for a while, then the ATF grabbed him and all his records. No idea if they started rounding up owners though.
If I cared enough to search it we could look up that thread but I think they did bag a few owners

I do not know for sure what that is. But I assume it is used to convert. If you were to own that and if it were to be illegal I assume it would only be illegal if you had said card in same location of device that could be converted. But I could and may be just making that up lol

Buy it for yucks for cash at a gun show, maybe. Order over the interwebs, nope, constructive possession trap? Not quite up to the "legal autosear" for sale in Shotgun news for 10 years but nope, nada. no bueno.

Waiting to see what happens to CRS firearms. It’s a picture on a bottle opener. You think they would be more worried about 3D printers.

Well looks like the ATF raided auto key card. If anyone purchased one of those novelty bottle openers. They may want to go ice fishing tomorrow and drop it to the bottom of the lake. 😂

View: https://youtu.be/Z8adkwRvCHk

I'm not worried. There isn't enough of mine left to tell what it was anymore.

[wink]

I watched the video and the dude doesn't really understand the law as written. A machine gun can be many forms and if you look at it in the context of a lower simply indicating the position of the third pin is enough for it to constitute a machine gun. For a lightning link, printing or scribing it on metal would be no different than cutting it completely through and it would be a machine gun. Thats always the standard that they have used on those and everyone that tried to play cute with the law got jammed up.

I watched the video and the dude doesn't really understand the law as written. A machine gun can be many forms and if you look at it in the context of a lower simply indicating the position of the third pin is enough for it to constitute a machine gun. For a lightning link, printing or scribing it on metal would be no different than cutting it completely through and it would be a machine gun. Thats always the standard that they have used on those and everyone that tried to play cute with the law got jammed up.
I definitely think auto key card will get jammed up. I don't know if they are just printed or of their laser etched. If I was to take a silver sharpie and mark my AR for a third hole I don't think I'm in violation. if I was to take a punch and dimple it that's a different story.

I definitely think auto key card will get jammed up. I don't know if they are just printed or of their laser etched. If I was to take a silver sharpie and mark my AR for a third hole I don't think I'm in violation. if I was to take a punch and dimple it that's a different story.
I believe they say "indicating the position" so I don't know how far down the rabbit hole that goes.

Back
Top Bottom