• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Women shoot free for the rest of 2008!

Fred must've gone and lost his mind, because there's no way we'll be able to keep up with demand now.

Never mind being overrun by women (who, yessir, are now shooting free for the rest of 2008) but think of all the men who can't trot out the old, tired, "My wife won't let me come!" excuse when their lady has already signed up.

BTW, the kids already shot for free. Loaner rifles are free. Heck, the minis are free for everybody. It's like Crazy Eddie's around here. Maybe everyone's holding out until we start giving out butterscotch ice cream between strings? Or let me know what flavor it would take. [smile]

Darn, I wish I didn't know any of you I could put a dress on and go free! Wait darn it... I cut my hair... oh well.

Crak, your timing is impeccable - announced just AFTER I registered ShorteyGirley and myself...

And doobie, if you shoot the weekend in drag, I'LL pay your registration fee!

Crak, your timing is impeccable - announced just AFTER I registered ShorteyGirley and myself...

I think you're going to find that will be rectified for you.

Let's just say for now that it has been discussed, and will be taken care of. I can't quite do it myself, and the person that does is on a short vacation right now. She'll fix it for you.

Now, before the question gets asked, I'll answer it.

How do you register a woman to shoot free at an Appleseed?

Well, just register her as if she was under 21 or military, as they also shoot free.

Folks, this is a chance too good to pass up.

There's Jericho, VT this weekend, Bennington, VT and Hartford, CT next month, and Proctor, VT in September. Coming up, but not finalized yet are Croghan, NY (near Watertwown, NY) and other events, and if the demand is there, we'll gladly set more up.

New Hampshire, Maine and Rhode Island, find us ranges to hold Appleseeds at, we'll come. We have a pretty good sized New England/New York Instructor crew, and we will be there.

At the moment, there's 4 in Mass, 6 (or more) in VT and 2 in New York. That's 12 or more Instructors that will be able to come, though you'll likely not see all of us at once. And that doesn't count what we have available nationally.

It's your best bet at decent, low cost training. We'll take you even if you've NEVER handled a firearm before.

And, yes, we do have a BUNCH of loaner rifles.

I think you're going to find that will be rectified for you.

Let's just say for now that it has been discussed, and will be taken care of. I can't quite do it myself, and the person that does is on a short vacation right now. She'll fix it for you.

Nickle, no fix is necessary - I'm more than happy to pay. If you must, call it a membership fee or a donation, but I don't want to see that money back. You guys put on such a great program, I wish there was more I could do to support it.

Nickle, no fix is necessary - I'm more than happy to pay. If you must, call it a membership fee or a donation, but I don't want to see that money back. You guys put on such a great program, I wish there was more I could do to support it.

Point fer you. [smile]

It is a great program isn't it ? [smile]

You guys put on such a great program, I wish there was more I could do to support it.

First, thanks for the donation. Best use we get out of it is to change it to a donation. A benevolent soul (who remains namneless) has offered to match donations 2 to 1.

If you really want to dive in, shoot Rifleman this weekend, I'll have an Orange Hat for you. That is, if you want to start down the path of being an Instructor.

PM inbound on how to change that $$$ to an outright donation.

Last edited:
First, thanks for the donation. Best use we get out of it is to change it to a donation. A benevolent soul (who remains namneless) has offered to match donations 2 to 1.

If you really want to dive in, shot Rifleman this weekend, I'll have an Orange Hat for you. That is, if you want to start down the path of being an Instructor.

PM inbound on how to change that $$$ to an outright donation.

I have my heart & mind set on shooting Rifleman this weekend for just that reason!

I think I just convinced my wife to go to Winchendon in October if it happens! Not to watch but to shoot[smile]

If you really want to dive in, shoot Rifleman this weekend, I'll have an Orange Hat for you. That is, if you want to start down the path of being an Instructor.

You've just given me a LOT more motivation to shoot rifleman. I had meant to ask you all weekend how to work toward being an instructor. I know I've got a long way to go, but I would love to be moving in that direction.

Maybe everyone's holding out until we start giving out butterscotch ice cream between strings? Or let me know what flavor it would take. [smile]
Make mine chocolate, please.
Oh, now you've gone and done it. I know for a fact that Doobie has a kilt... and knowing him, probably goes regimental. I have NO desire to be working the line if he's shooting dressed that way...

If I can figure a way to get them there and keep them frozen, I'll bring a case of Hoodsie cups to the next appleseed I attend. One more excuse down :)

Back
Top Bottom