Woman finds stranger in home, husband tackles him

Vieira, 31, of 2 Esquire Circle, Peabody, is being held on $25,000 cash bail on charges of unarmed burglary and assault on an occupant and two counts of assault and battery and malicious destruction of property. He's also being detained without bail pending a probation violation hearing in an earlier case — one of numerous priors.

Think they'll do the right thing and sentence this guy to some serious time for once? Don't worry, I already know the answer. [sad2]

Prosniewski said prosecutors are expected to seek an indictment, which would expose Vieira to a state prison term, and may add a charge of being a career criminal.

That, said the police prosecutor, is a result of Vieira's lengthy criminal history, which includes 11 prior jail terms; convictions for assault, firearms violations and larceny; and the fact that he's on probation at the moment for drug charges.

In addition, Vieira was arrested twice last year on home-invasion charges in Salem, though the charges were later reduced in one case and dropped in the other.

One case, last February, resulted in a guilty finding and a sentence of time served, 74 days.

Another case last June was dropped by prosecutors when the victim, who had lived on Boston Street, failed to appear for a hearing in the case.

The Turners are disappointed that Vieira hasn't been charged with home invasion in their case.

What a wonder legal system we have.

The charges 'would expose him' to a prison term.

If that was my house and I was the 'tackler', I doubt he'd have to worry about going to jail after he assaulted my wife and kid.

I really hate the term "career criminal".

Remember though, possessing a shell casing alone without being duly licensed is likely to land you in a heap of trouble.

He is misunderstood, people misunderstand him and think he's a law abiding citizen and not a violent crack head.

Is there any doubt in anyones mind that, had either the scumbag or the homeowner been armed this would have ended very differently.

Perhaps the both the Judge and Turner's will consider those possibilities.

I really hate the term "career criminal".

Remember though, possessing a shell casing alone without being duly licensed is likely to land you in a heap of trouble.
They are just trying to be supportive of their self-esteem... It's not "doing odd-jobs as a criminal", it's a "career" now. [thinking]

I don't mind it so much, its the beginning of an admission by society that there are those you can't fixed. They just need to be locked up or recycled.

Is the husband getting charged with kidnapping/unlawfully detaining someone against their will?[hmmm] [/sarcasm]

That statement from the other thread was a hypothetical based on a real event where the guy who broke in did not attack, but threw up his hands and agreed to leave, during the day. Not even close to this story.

Back
Top Bottom