With respect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of liberal feel good BS is this...

I forget to list the below nonsense (my first time out of 40+ sales/transactions - 100% feedback) and a JBT mod deletes my post which I took the time to type out.

I respect the rules and the fact that this is a privately owned forum, but come on, a friendly PM would have been just as easy.

And while I'm at it, is there any logic to posting the below legal disclaimer? Or is it just a liberal feel good measure (that prevents nothing)? Because let's be honest, what does it prevent, stop, or help? Nothing... realistically.

I've been on gun forums for almost 10 years and BS like this is what has made certain forum slow in membership.

I will comply with all Federal and State Laws. If the firearm is to be shipped, you must provide me with a signed copy of your dealer's FFL (or your 03FFL if this is a Curio and Relic). For private party face-to-face transactions (only permitted by Fed law when both buyer and seller live in same state), I will meet all applicable state and federal laws.

[angry]

The problem is the mods have to read a ton of posts in the classifieds. There are a ton of threads that don't follow the simple rules. The mods don't have time to send a pm to every single user who doesn't follow the rules and then follow up with each thread later to see if the thread was corrected. To even think that is possible is crazy.

We used to ask in the thread that the errors or omissions be corrected, but again people just didn't give a crap.

The rules are pretty simple. You come here, move 40+ guns, and then complain that you don't want to support the forum because your post was deleted for not following the rules?

The reason that "LIBERAL BS" is in there is because people have pm'd sellers asking to do illegal transactions. Making a template/rules for posting classifieds makes it easier for the seller to tell the other person to pound sand when they show up without a LTC to purchase a gun and not get hit with negative feedback because the buyer "supposedly didn't know".

Are you on the hook if the state or the feds think there is illegal activity happening on NES? No you're not. I am the one who has to deal with the court order and database backup of old posts to furnish the feds with the info they are asking for. NOT YOU.

I'm a pretty laid back and fair guy. If you don't like the way I run things I'm sorry I couldn't make you happy.

Last edited:
The problem is the mods have to read a ton of posts in the classifieds. There are a ton of threads that don't follow the simple rules. The mods don't have time to send a pm to every single user who doesn't follow the rules and then follow up with each thread later to see if the thread was corrected. To even think that is possible is crazy.

We used to ask in the thread that the errors or omissions be corrected, but again people just didn't give a crap.

The rules are pretty simple. You come here, move 40+ guns, and then complain that you don't want to support the forum because your post was deleted for not following the rules?

The reason that "LIBERAL BS" is in there is because people have pm'd sellers asking to do illegal transactions. Making a template/rules for posting classifieds makes it easier for the seller to tell the other person to pound sand when they show up without a LTC to purchase a gun and not get hit with negative feedback because the buyer "supposedly didn't know".

Are you on the hook if the state or the feds think there is illegal activity happening on NES? No you're not. I am the one who has to deal with the court order and database backup of old posts to furnish the feds with the info they are asking for. NOT YOU.

I'm a pretty laid back and fair guy. If you don't like the way I run things I'm sorry I couldn't make you happy.

Like I said, I respect the fact that this is a privately owned forum and the rules are the rules (whether they prevent something or not, doesn't matter). That said, it seems to be a bit much when a member with 100% feedback and a decent post count forgets one rule (out of many) and their listing gets pulled. A simple oversight and my post gets deleted... an effort that could have been fixed just as easy with a simple PM.

I understand that some posters don't abide by rules and don't care, but most of these people seem to be new members.

I'm not asking for special treatment, just some common courtesy. I forgot ONE rule, my mistake, please allow me to correct it before deleting my thread.

"nanerclip has not made any friends yet "

Shocking.

Wow... you have three whole friends... I'm impressed... and frankly, rather jealous too. I'm so unpopular... you know what? Yup... oh jeez... I'm gonna... [crying]

[hmmm]

I'm not asking for special treatment, just some common courtesy. I forgot ONE rule, my mistake, please allow me to correct it before deleting my thread.

That's the issue. It's too difficult to manage what members have been PM'd, which threads are waiting to be fixed or updated, and how long we wait before deleting them. We used to give people time to fix them, we were ignored most of the time.

That's the issue. It's too difficult to manage what members have been PM'd, which threads are waiting to be fixed or updated, and how long we wait before deleting them. We used to give people time to fix them, we were ignored most of the time.

I can respect that. If people are given a heads up and they don't fix their mistake... then you have to tighten the belt.

I was just a little PO'ed yesterday. Consider this resolved.

Thanks.

Guys he's supported the forum. His membership just expired recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom