• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Finding my post with images

Boghog1

NES Member
So recently I can't upload new images, I assume it is due to reaching my limit, is there a simple way to find and delete as opposed to going through one by one?

So recently I can't upload new images, ...
What is the precise symptom of failure?

... I assume it is due to reaching my limit, ...
I doubt I've uploaded half a dozen images in over 7 years,
because I thought there was a quota.

Mid-December, I kicked it around on a PM thread
and @namedpipes thought I was thinking of a (now gone?) PM quota.
No one piped up with a cite to mention of any quota, let alone a definition of one.

I still don't upload images if I can possibly inline them,
because I'm suspicious that an undocumented quota remains.

of course now it's working, nope seems ok if I upload pics I downloaded but not from my camera, must be a camera setting, is there a size limit?

of course now it's working, nope seems ok if I upload pics I downloaded but not from my camera, must be a camera setting, is there a size limit?

There is a size limit to individual images, you might have to downsize them a little bit before you can attach them directly, but I thought I had that set high enough to capture most cameras.

What kind of phone did you get?

of course now it's working, nope seems ok if I upload pics I downloaded but not from my camera, must be a camera setting

There is a size limit to individual images, you might have to downsize them a little bit before you can attach them directly, but I thought I had that set high enough to capture most cameras.

What kind of phone did you get?
Samsung S21 pics are 10+MB

Samsung S21 pics are 10+MB

Check the exact error message and post when you can. It may be related to size, or it may be related to the type of picture it is trying to attach when doing it natively. That phone has the option to store pictures in HEIF, which is not supported by the forums and would also kick an error.

no error message, it looks like it is all set but then the post comes up without the attachment, do you think my auto hdr being on is the issue? trying to find a way to see the file type since the HEIF is off

no error message, it looks like it is all set but then the post comes up without the attachment, do you think my auto hdr being on is the issue? trying to find a way to see the file type since the HEIF is off

That's very odd - auto hdr shouldn't be an issue, or at least it isn't on an iPhone. I'm honestly not too familiar with how Android handles this sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom