• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

With ‘ghost guns’ on the rise, AG says lawmakers need to act fast

By all means...Yes, let's make new laws to target those that don't follow laws.

The thing that continually puzzles me is leaving aside the possibility of misuse of any kind of registry, what crime has ever been stopped or solved by registration/tracability?
I'm amazed how many people think life is just like Perry Mason where we can immediately know what gun fired what round and who owns it.

She was being overshadowed by the white guy sponsoring the new gun control bill and she got angry. I wonder if the white guys in the dem party in MA, and nationwide for that matter, realize that there is little desire in that party to put them in positions of power any longer?

jeezus, i was just fondling my ghost gun. never got to shoot it this morning with the traffic snarled on 495 this morning. wanted to sight and tune the new sights i put on last year. i'd show a photo but it's a secret. how about this instead...

View: https://youtu.be/NmxFxBiCrL4

We all have more "good reasons" to keep our rights which are being stolen each time the second hand makes one revolution. The real reason for these infringements is money and power. Without gang violence and crime in general, funding special anti-gang squads would be unnecessary and the .gov power would be diminished.
Demanding that criminals be locked up with high or no bail then put away for a long stretch in the can will stop much more crime in general. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Keep your problems out of my house and follow the thousands of laws already passed in the dead of night by corrupt lawmakers with financial agendas that keep them feeding at the trough.

We all have more "good reasons" to keep our rights which are being stolen each time the second hand makes one revolution. The real reason for these infringements is money and power. Without gang violence and crime in general, funding special anti-gang squads would be unnecessary and the .gov power would be diminished.
Demanding that criminals be locked up with high or no bail then put away for a long stretch in the can will stop much more crime in general. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Keep your problems out of my house and follow the thousands of laws already passed in the dead of night by corrupt lawmakers with financial agendas that keep them feeding at the trough.

I agree, and it is very apparent to see how .gov (and not just in Mass) has been operating after the Bruen case came out last year.

It would have been awesome to have seen .gov acknowledge a supreme court case that reinforces that the 2ND amendment is not a second class right and should be treated as such.

Instead they have doubled down on their abuse of authority and accelerated trying to pass restrictive gun laws that doesn't deter criminals...and they know it.

Proof that they have no intention of passing "common sense" (that they will be satisfied with) gun laws and will not stop until no one has access to firearms.
Negotiate with them at your own risk, they will always have the boot of authority on your neck, especially with firearms.

nypost.com said:
How ghost guns and fentanyl are killing America
The dual epidemics of ghost guns and fentanyl are causing a surge in violence and crime across America.
It is infuriating when media people that know nothing about guns make this sort of correlation.
And then all other people that know nothing about guns believe this s#*t. :mad:
There is a (tenuous) connection between fentanyl & Glock switches -- America has outsourced the supply chain to China & Mexico.

The first sentence has the answer to AG Campbell's concerns.

“Ghost guns,” untraceable weapons of choice for gangs, must be targeted, Attorney General Andrea Campbell is urging lawmakers.

Go after the gangs. Possession of ANY firearm -- serialized, obliterated serial # or no serial # ("ghost gun") without an LTC is a FELONY under Massachusetts law.
The whole "ghost guns" thing is another scare word (like "assault rifle") for those who know nothing about guns.
I have heard AG Campbell claim she needs HD 4420 to "reduce gun violence". WRONG. She needs to enforce existing laws as her job requires.
Shakespeare said it well in Macbeth (pardon the paraphrasing): “HD 4420 is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

Go after the gangs.
This will inevitably lead to 99.9% of the people charged being non Caucasian, and therefore racist. They wouldnt consider this even for a minute. Going after the guns throws a blanket over society as a whole (Whites would be banned from possession as well) In their eyes, its better to keep the status quo rather than holding browns accountable

The first sentence has the answer to AG Campbell's concerns.

“Ghost guns,” untraceable weapons of choice for gangs, must be targeted, Attorney General Andrea Campbell is urging lawmakers.

Go after the gangs. Possession of ANY firearm -- serialized, obliterated serial # or no serial # ("ghost gun") without an LTC is a FELONY under Massachusetts law.
The whole "ghost guns" thing is another scare word (like "assault rifle") for those who know nothing about guns.
I have heard AG Campbell claim she needs HD 4420 to "reduce gun violence". WRONG. She needs to enforce existing laws as her job requires.
Shakespeare said it well in Macbeth (pardon the paraphrasing): “HD 4420 is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”
Wow, Shakespeare on NES!! High class!

Oohh.. a generational uptick! Sounds super-serious
It implies that in a certain segment of the population, ahem, this issue has been going on for generations. I wonder what segment of the population she is referring to???

The Biden Administration touts ~20k “ghost gun" recovered in FBI traces in 2021, when ~1/2 million guns were traced. That’s ~4%, with unknown bias on recovery. Seldom do news articles quantitate "ghost guns" as a % of guns recovered - usually just the number of such guns or % increase, which is fairly meaningless.

With homicides trending lower in 2023 and “ghost gun” recoveries increasing, why isn’t the press concluding that either “ghost guns” are less lethal or easier to recover?

”The report suggests that the numbers may “significantly underrepresent” the actual number of ghost guns found at crime scenes, since some may have counterfeit serial numbers to masquerade the weapon as a regularly manufactured weapon.”

Now that’s odd…what “ghost guns” can be made that are otherwise indistinguishable from a manufacturer’s product? A ”ghost gun” with a fake SN similar to that used by Glock sure wouldn’t look like it might be a Glock to an ATF investigator,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom