• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Will Lanolin Spray contaminate powder/primers?

I'm gonna be giving this stuff a try with a 1:10 ratio with 99% Iso. and plan to use it the same way I used the Hornady OneShot spray. I'm just wondering if I have to be particularly careful with it. Usually I do spray some in the necks at an angle just to get a little in there and use a tip after sizing to quickly wipe it out.

No it won't contaminate powder or priming compound, which is why everyone uses lanolin as case lube.

In one of the old articles I read the author claimed to dump several thousand cases in a bucket filled with lanolin /alcohol mix then resize. Then tumble the finished rounds to remove lube from out side the case? I found this over kill. He also noted the ammo was not stored long either.
I been using the home made stuff for a while now.

I tumble the lube (lanolin mixture) off after resizing just to make it less messy when priming, charging, and seating the bullets. Also if you don't remove the lube, I've noticed that finer ball powders will stick to the casewalls. No idea if this is a safety/accuracy concern....

I tumble the lube (lanolin mixture) off after resizing just to make it less messy when priming, charging, and seating the bullets. Also if you don't remove the lube, I've noticed that finer ball powders will stick to the casewalls. No idea if this is a safety/accuracy concern....

yes it can be a pain in the ass....powder can bridge enough to make a mess of things.

It always seems to me like ball powder statically clings too things, i wet wash my brass after sizing and The discussion always comes back to case necks being too clean causeing a loss of accuracy .....
IMHO, for what most people d,o weather they overclean their brass or leave residual caselube. It wont make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom