why wont this state just sink into the ocean????

from an arf.commer to me

"I talked to Ammo man and AIM surplus two large ammo suppliers. They sold ammo to MA and were docked with a $5,000 dollar fine by the attourny general of your state, I really would love to just send it but I have always kept my self within the confines of the law, and I wouldnt want to risk anything. Apparenty to sell to citizens in MA you have to both be present at the time of purchase with a valid ID and proof ability to buy ammo? I guess you guys have a firearms owners ammo card or something? Anyway I can just send your Money order back to you no harm no foul. You can cash it yourself right, even though it was made out to me? I feel like I am at fault here, I should have looked into that more before I put it up for sale. Again I am sorry to be a bother, I will mail your money order back to you tomorrow."

I had to return a MO to the PO for a similar reason. If you have the receipt it should be no problem. My PO was glad to do it. Remember, your name is on it also as the sender. Just bring your ID.

because I've never had to cash a MO that wasn't made out to me..wasn't sure how it worked
Will they just give you your money back on presentation of the MO?

im was sure either i posed that more as a question...thats why i keep all the receipts for that stuff so ill let ya know what happens

LN...i was trying to purchase .308 ammo from a private seller on arf.com
apparently ammoman told him he'd get sued if he sent me anything so now the deal i was gettin is null and void

i hope reilly and sarah brady go off a cliff together in devals cadillac

Ammoman should have minded his own business. It was a private sale and the seller is not in the business of selling ammo.

Ammoman was full of it!

As Jon implied, the sale would have been legit and the AG won't bother wasting resources going after an individual making a single sale.

Jon and Len...i tried to relay that message to the seller...however...understandably...hes scared sh*tless of being sued and i dont want to push him to sell me the stuff either...at least i mgettin my money back i guess

The AG has succeeded!

What he did violates the sanctity of "interstate commerce", but wasn't worth the legal fight for most of the people he went after. This worked like an IRS audit, they count on "you tell your friends, and your friends tell their friends, etc." to get everyone scared shitless!

It's sad - an another fine example of what happens when a narcissist like Tom Reilly wakes up one morning and declares himself God.... I'm no fan of Deval Patrick by any stretch of the imagination, (I think the worst is yet to come), but holy crap, can you imagine if numbnuts got in????

In the meantime, there are ammo sellers who will ship to Massss, but sadly none are the large discount sellers like AIM, Midway, J&G etc... The other option is to go through your FFL. I got some SA .308 that way several months ago. If you have a good understanding dealer, their markup will be zero, (or close). Shop for the deals and then talk to your dealer.....

Back
Top Bottom