WHY we don't ASK if it is OK to carry at <x>?

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Just heard over the police scanner from Boston PD . . .

A business called BPD to report that someone called them to ask if there was any restriction on carrying at that location (I didn't catch what business or exactly where).

BPD dispatched officers to take a report and investigate. You can be certain if they have Caller ID on the caller they are in for a rough time.

Some questions are best left UN-ASKED!!!!!!

[Yes, I know that NES has a policy (sticky above) to NOT ask on the forum. This is a bit different . . . best not to ask anyone at any time unless required by law.]

i handle things like in the mafia movies. sit down, pull out gun, place on table. this way you know i am a serious mother****er.

A business called BPD to report that someone called them to ask if there was any restriction on carrying at that location (I didn't catch what business or exactly where).

BPD dispatched officers to take a report and investigate. You can be certain if they have Caller ID on the caller they are in for a rough time.

[Yes, I know that NES has a policy (sticky above) to NOT ask on the forum. This is a bit different . . . best not to ask anyone at any time unless required by law.]

Excellent idea!....I'm sure the BPD was quick to educate the caller with no questions asked...

i handle things like in the mafia movies. sit down, pull out gun, place on table. this way you know i am a serious mother****er.
No one's going to take you serious without the wallet. [laugh]
[video=youtube_share;GH56xkdUwmM]http://youtu.be/GH56xkdUwmM[/video]

One of my coworkers had a customer put a round through the ceiling and then lay the pistol on the table as a way to start the meeting. This was overseas.

If I could bet on it I would, I would bet that the caller is a post sandy-hook gun owner. For some reason or another this "class" is replete with oxygen thieves among its ranks, way more than any of the previous... I'm still trying to figure out how these people survive, as simply breathing is likely a complex task for them.

-Mike

that's ****ing awesome. [laugh]

Company later received a letter from that country saying that if my coworker ever returned, the government could not be responsible for his safety. Apparently, despite the meeting I mentioned, my coworker was not will to acquiesce to all the customer's demands.

Company later received a letter from that country saying that if my coworker ever returned, the government could not be responsible for his safety. Apparently, despite the meeting I mentioned, my coworker was not will to acquiesce to all the customer's demands.

Jeez, what business are you in where you deal with thugs like that?

I don't understand what's so bad about calling and asking the question, not that I ever would. If anything it would seem to normalize the notion that some people out there are walking around with a gun in their pants and not breaking any laws at all in the process. What's completely retarded, aside from the moron calling the cops in the first place, is that they dispatched a couple of cops to investigate. All it would take would be for this to happen a couple of times a day for a little while and the cops would stop taking it seriously.

One of my coworkers had a customer put a round through the ceiling and then lay the pistol on the table as a way to start the meeting. This was overseas.

Jeez, what business are you in where you deal with thugs like that?

One can only presume that duffel bags were being exchanged.

I think you're all missing the fact that it was obviously a criminal/terrorist looking for a prime target...

How I picture these gun owners

3205380-british-child-star-mark-lester-as-oliver-twist-gettyimages.jpg

Would rather not be specific, but in that case the customer was the government of a nation in the pacific.
Got it. You sell high SPF suntan lotions. [grin]

Re. the OP, to quote EC's uncle, "No one ever got in trouble for keeping their mouth shut."

Back
Top Bottom