Why throw away the box your handgun came in?

I save boxes from higher end stuff. I have all the boxes and original packaging from my Nikon camera gear. Laptop boxes are a good idea to keep around in case you have to ship it for service. Firearm boxes, well, just because I guess.

As for the original Glock "tupperware", I read somewhere that the design allowed stacking of multiple boxes and locking of them all with a single bar or cable. Makes sense. Idunno.

Chris

I keep some boxes. If you throw them away you will have room for more guns![smile]

this is my train of thought, but i have yet to reach that state.

if / when i do, i can always pick up boxes for $10 to 20 bucks @ Dicks or something.

but as of now, i have ALL my cardboard, factory boxes and clam shells for my stuff; including scopes, holsters and misc. accessories.

helps when you sell them. [smile]

Back when I first started buying new guns I never kept a box unless it was a nice Smith Presentation case.
Now, I save all the plactic cases and sleeves and everything.
Right now I'm packing up to move down to West Virgina in late July and everything is going into it's original packaging and getting boxed up so I can move them. I just made a trip to my sister's place in PA to store a bunch of the EBRs that I just wanted to get out of MA so I could install the folding stocks and fun forbidden stuff I had to remove!

I keep all my boxes, but I will say that I don’t know many people who keep their shoes boxes, computer boxes, and so forth unless those boxes are signed by someone “important to you, etc”, so I guess that many people apply the same rule for the weapon’s boxes. Anyway, I don’t see many people locking or keeping their weapon on its original boxes, most people keep them on a locker, etc.

Just my opinion,

Ish.

Back
Top Bottom