• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why post a firearm for sale and state to PM if you want pics?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
This makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would you post something for sale and not put up a pic for people to see? Why make people PM you for a pic? Conversely, why would someone buy something without seeing a firearm's condition first? I can understand if you don't have a camera, but if you have the pic, post the damn thing. Unless you're trying to hid something.

OK, I'll admit it. I requested a pic and someone posted an "I'll take it" sight unseen right after me. I guess the "I'll take it" person doesn't care as much about the firearms condition.

Maybe it's just me, but it don't make no sense! [wink]

Although I agree every For Sale item should have a pic I also know some people are not as computer savy. I even had problems posting pics on a couple forums and I consider myself a computer geek. That all being said if they can email you the pic they should certainly be able to post it.

+1. I might be vaguely interested in something in the classifieds and im sure a pic would spark that interest, but i'm way too lazy to PM or email for pics... and of course I want to know how many rounds through it and pics/proof of condition

I have had lots of trouble whenever I try to do extra things on my computer so for me I don't try to post pictures on line or even do the emoticons etc. This may be the same for others. I am happy to send pictures or meet with the interested buyer if they are within a couple hours so that they may look over in person what I am selling.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would you post something for sale and not put up a pic for people to see? Why make people PM you for a pic. Conversely, why would someone buy something without seeing a firearms condition? I can understand if you don't have a camera, but if you have the pic, post the damn thing. Unless you're trying to hid something.

OK, I'll admit it. I requested a pic and someone posted an "I'll take it" sight unseen right after me. I guess the "I'll take it" person doesn't care as much about the firearms condition.

+1. I might be vaguely interested in something in the classifieds and im sure a pic would spark that interest, but i'm way too lazy to PM or email for pics... and of course I want to know how many rounds through it and pics/proof of condition

The picture that they post may not actually prove condition. I know of people that have posted pictures on ebay from the companies that manufactured or sell the item instead of a picture of the actual item they had in hand.

I have had lots of trouble whenever I try to do extra things on my computer so for me I don't try to post pictures on line or even do the emoticons etc. This may be the same for others. I am happy to send pictures or meet with the interested buyer if they are within a couple hours so that they may look over in person what I am selling.

I'd hardly call posting pictures or using emoticons "extra" things these days... extra would be putting a full length feature film about the firearms in the post. I agree, if you have a picture, post it! If you don't have a picture thats fine, just say so in the post.

I'd hardly call posting pictures or using emoticons "extra" things these days... extra would be putting a full length feature film about the firearms in the post. I agree, if you have a picture, post it! If you don't have a picture thats fine, just say so in the post.

Since I have had problems whenever I have tried to do them it is extra for me and also for others that may not be computer savy or have trouble with their computers.

Some people have issues with posting pics, whether technical or otherwise.

I've bought guns that had no pics posted as well as sold people guns before
I posted pics. Usually when I sell something I try to get pics into my
ad within a day of posting it.

In some cases I think it doesn't matter much. For example if a guy
says "Ruger LCP .380 LNIB" for a reasonable price then his posting of pics
is pretty much a complete and total waste of time, because that gun isn't
going to last very long anyways. [laugh]

-Mike

I know all of the picture hosting sites are blocked here at work so when I post up a sale I can e-mail pics but have no way to post them on the forum unless I am at home.

Sounds a little bit like sour grapes since you missed that sale though. Just sayin!

Sounds a little bit like sour grapes since you missed that sale though. Just sayin!

Of course it is! [smile] I'm ranting. It's a lame rant not worth one out of five stars, but still a rant. You should do a search for "rant". You'll find some outstanding five out of five star ones out there. [wink]

I know all of the picture hosting sites are blocked here at work so when I post up a sale I can e-mail pics but have no way to post them on the forum unless I am at home.
So why not edit your post when you get home and add pics?

I figure that pictures are part of my advertising.

i've sold and purchased a couple firearms on here. i make it point to post pics and offer a story. but that's just me and my jolly self pushing a product one can NOT resist [laugh]

I have had an issue where I took a really nice picture and it was too big a file for the forum. It got deleted several times.
I just gave up and said email/ pm me for pics.

Gun sold pretty quick. it worked for me.

I agree it really ticks me off when people try to sell something and ask for people interested to PM or E Mail them for pics.

It only takes one time to post a pic in the thread but it takes a lot more effort to e mail or PM the same pic over and over again.

If someone can figure out how to create an account here and put in their account name and password setting up an account at Photobucket or other pic host website will be just as easy.

Linkage for the lazy.
http://register.photobucket.com/

It would save them and the interested party time and effort.

So in closing it saves the seller time and effort as well as the buyer.

I don't mean to sound like a liberal here but I would like to see it a board rule that pics of the item your wanting to sell be posted IE not a generic pic but the actual pic of the item in hand that you want to sell.

That would keep me happy for today, tomorrow I will have something new to bitch about.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would you post something for sale and not put up a pic for people to see? Why make people PM you for a pic? Conversely, why would someone buy something without seeing a firearm's condition first? I can understand if you don't have a camera, but if you have the pic, post the damn thing. Unless you're trying to hid something.

Last edited:
pics

I agree pics do add to the ad... it makes it more appealing. i don't think
posting a pic is a real problem here. If you don't know how, ask how,
or have someone who does do it for you....

Of course all sales are subject to a final inspection, and if agreed a
firing at the range... right?????

JimB

Depends on what they're selling. If I sell my G30, stock config, it looks just like every other G30 stock config. If there is wear, I'm such a crappy photographer you'll never see it unless the "wear" is a missing barrel or something.

Other people suck at the internet. They don't know HOW to post pics. They can take them and email them, though.

I won't buy a firearm without an opt out pending visual inspection, if it has wear or damage not properly represented. I've never had a problem with people on this board agreeing to that, nor have I ever had anyone here misrepresent anything.

I agree it really ticks me off when people try to sell something and ask for people interested to PM or E Mail them for pics.

It only takes one time to post a pic in the thread but it takes a lot more effort to e mail or PM the same pic over and over again.

If someone can figure out how to create an account here and put in their account name and password setting up an account at Photobucket or other pic host website will be just as easy.

Linkage for the lazy.
http://register.photobucket.com/

Maybe it should become a sticky on how to post pics using photobucket on the classified section ?...Mods ??

I'll admit I'm not the most computer savy buy even I figured it out after some time, but a sticky would help the ...Well..LAZY [smile]

Back
Top Bottom