Why No S+W Indoor Matches?

I got a note from Judith that there will be no indoor matches at S+W this winter season. Anyone know why, or if there is still hope?

HAS guys, will you be having indoor matches in the next few months? Dates?

The Westfield crew simply needs some recovery time after running flat out year-round for several years. They have produced a continuous stream of great matches and deserve a little kick-back time.

As Rob Boudrie mentioned in another thread, the S&W facility remains available if another group is willing to step up and make it happen.

As mentioned in that other thread, American Firearms School will be running a "winter season" of three exciting and challenging events. Check them out at http://www.americanfirearmsschool.com/matches.html

Harvard is unlikely to be running any winter matches, unless it's outdoors. We just have more fun outside. So if we get a decent looking weekend, be prepared for short notice.

Harvard is unlikely to be running any winter matches, unless it's outdoors. We just have more fun outside. So if we get a decent looking weekend, be prepared for short notice.

That sounds good. Shooting in the snow is more pleasant than some of the matches we shoot in the rain.

I was recently contacted by the manager of the S&W facility. They are very willing to host matches if someone will run them, and will even handle competitor registration so the match organizers have one less thing to do.

I got a note from Judith that there will be no indoor matches at S+W this winter season. Anyone know why, or if there is still hope?

HAS guys, will you be having indoor matches in the next few months? Dates?

Well hell, I was planning to go to some IDPA SnW indoor matches this season [frown]

The Westfield crew simply needs some recovery time after running flat out year-round for several years. They have produced a continuous stream of great matches and deserve a little kick-back time.

As Rob Boudrie mentioned in another thread, the S&W facility remains available if another group is willing to step up and make it happen.

As mentioned in that other thread, American Firearms School will be running a "winter season" of three exciting and challenging events. Check them out at http://www.americanfirearmsschool.com/matches.html

I gather from the web site they don't do IDPA matches? Shame that...

Hey Dan,
How about one this coming Sunday? We can call it the Blizzard Open, or something similar! :)
Glyn

Last edited:
I was recently contacted by the manager of the S&W facility. They are very willing to host matches if someone will run them, and will even handle competitor registration so the match organizers have one less thing to do.

I can't drive it or organize this but would certainly be willing to help out if someone steps up... schedule permitting of course.

Well hell, I was planning to go to some IDPA SnW indoor matches this season [frown]

The discussion here is USPSA Matches. There have been no changes I am aware of in regards to IDPA at S&W. Go to the Downzero.com site and find contact info for Craig Buckland. He can clear up the IDPA schedule for you.

As for Winter outdoor USPSA, we shot all Winter last year at Bass River.[wink] It may happen again this year.

The discussion here is USPSA Matches. There have been no changes I am aware of in regards to IDPA at S&W. Go to the Downzero.com site and find contact info for Craig Buckland. He can clear up the IDPA schedule for you.

As for Winter outdoor USPSA, we shot all Winter last year at Bass River.[wink] It may happen again this year.

Ah, I thought it was for all indoor matches. Will check.

Hey Dan,
How about one this coming Sunday? We can call it the Blizzard Open, or something similar! :)
Glyn

I can see it now. ... "Stage 3 - Start Position: kneeling and unbuckling snowshoes. On start signal, rescue Jac-Jac from avalanche using empty magazine as a shovel, engage prowling wolves freestyle and deliver Jac--Jac to igloo prior to engaging last wolf. One procedural for each pistol lost in a snowdrift."

(I seem to have too much free time today.)

Back
Top Bottom